2 To Layout

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 30, 2012
i always resort to just throwing/whipping myself over instead of actually doing a proper layout. and everytime i actually have a good set, i dont have enough power and end up busting it. my running layout is pretty decent, but my 2 to layout is hideous :( tips?

Have you tried one to layout? I tend to "elongate" my second back-handspring, which is good for two to tuck/full when your knees are more bent and can compromise it. With 2 to layout, if your second backhandspring is too "long", your body takes off at an awkward angle.

Try one to layout, then two to layout. Feel the difference in power. Have someone film it from the side and look at the difference between your first and second back-handspring. If it's noticeably different, try to make changes in your second one so it's more like your first.

I'm having difficulty wording this to make sense, but differences between the first and second back-handspring will change the height you get and ability to set. Let me know if you have any other questions about it!

i always resort to just throwing/whipping myself over instead of actually doing a proper layout. and everytime i actually have a good set, i dont have enough power and end up busting it. my running layout is pretty decent, but my 2 to layout is hideous :( tips?

I had the same problem, I would pike over really bad but what helped me was really focusing on powering through bc you need the power after your second bhs to be able to set high then pull

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Have you tried one to layout? I tend to "elongate" my second back-handspring, which is good for two to tuck/full when your knees are more bent and can compromise it. With 2 to layout, if your second backhandspring is too "long", your body takes off at an awkward angle.

Try one to layout, then two to layout. Feel the difference in power. Have someone film it from the side and look at the difference between your first and second back-handspring. If it's noticeably different, try to make changes in your second one so it's more like your first.

I'm having difficulty wording this to make sense, but differences between the first and second back-handspring will change the height you get and ability to set. Let me know if you have any other questions about it!

I've tried doing one to lays but i cant get enough power with only one back handspring and i end up piking or whipping it over even more but thanks for the help!!

If you can try to shorten your last handspring, if it's too long it will make your momentum go all funky & then your layout will be really difficult. Also try to get a spot, even though you might not need it to get over it can really benefit your technique

Back