All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

sticky this. . .

Wow. Think it's gonna take a good few reads to get my head around the changes. Glad they're finally out though!

I've read page 1 and the first paragraph on page 2 and I'm already asking questions...

7.Jewelry of any kind including but not limited to ear, nose, tongue, belly button and facial rings, clear plastic jewelry, bracelets, necklaces and pins on uniforms are not allowed. Jewelry must be removed and may not be taped over. Exception: medical ID tags/bracelets. and uniform rhinestones. Rhinestones are not allowed when adhered to the skin as opposed to a uniform.

what is this suggesting about rhinestones on uniforms? Are they technically illegal? Clarification please :)

A.All tumbling must originate from and land on the performing surface. Exception: Tumbler may (without hip-over-head rotation) rebound from his/her feet into a stunt transition. Rebounding to a prone position in a stunt is allowed. Example: Round off handspring and then a bump or contact from a base or bracer straight into a back flip would break this rule for levels 1-5. A clear separation from the tumbling to the stunt is needed to make this legal. Catching the rebound and then dipping to create the throw for the rotation is legal. This would also be true if coming from just a standing back handspring without the round off.

And uhh back handsprings aren't allowed in level 1? Why'd they use that example?

I've read page 1 and the first paragraph on page 2 and I'm already asking questions...

7.Jewelry of any kind including but not limited to ear, nose, tongue, belly button and facial rings, clear plastic jewelry, bracelets, necklaces and pins on uniforms are not allowed. Jewelry must be removed and may not be taped over. Exception: medical ID tags/bracelets. and uniform rhinestones. Rhinestones are not allowed when adhered to the skin as opposed to a uniform.

what is this suggesting about rhinestones on uniforms? Are they technically illegal? Clarification please :)

A.All tumbling must originate from and land on the performing surface. Exception: Tumbler may (without hip-over-head rotation) rebound from his/her feet into a stunt transition. Rebounding to a prone position in a stunt is allowed. Example: Round off handspring and then a bump or contact from a base or bracer straight into a back flip would break this rule for levels 1-5. A clear separation from the tumbling to the stunt is needed to make this legal. Catching the rebound and then dipping to create the throw for the rotation is legal. This would also be true if coming from just a standing back handspring without the round off.

And uhh back handsprings aren't allowed in level 1? Why'd they use that example?
Okay now I see that they used the BHS example in every level... I was confused as to why they would use it in level 1.

I agree completley, no rinestones? Thats a little rediculous. And I don't understand the assisted tumbling thing.

Assisted tumbling...can we please get half a team to spot the other half on their tucks?

This is crazy to me. Am I reading it wrong?

No, I think we're all just as confused. I don't understand why they just didn't leave it illegal because here are you're two options:
1. Old way- It's illegal
2. Depending on the level it's either an illegal stunt or a "really bad" tumbling score
I don't understand any time where it would be beneficial to do this. Can anyone think of one?
And really? Who taught them how to write because I think we all learned not to use "really bad" as a way of describing things in like 5th grade.

And can someone please get a clarification on the uni rhinestones? I spy a lot of "really" pissed off gym owners if this actually is the way it reads.

#12. is confusing me. do they mean at competitions that dont have spotters (which is pretty much everywhere but worlds) they're talking about spotters/stunts right not tumbling?!?!

they've been legal *backspot must be in contact during the release move until its excuted all the way trough

Fake tic tocs have been legal. True tic tocs are now legal as the old L4 Release moves rule #1 has now been moved to L3 Release moves #1 for the 2011-2013 seasons.

Back