All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For you it may be.. For others its not.. Around here the year/season starts in December.. Choreography usually in October/November. For most high schools their state competitions have already happened.. Florida's isn't util February. Some people hold tryouts before worlds.. We wait til after.. Sometimes two weeks after.

Everyone doesn't quite do it like you do

Maybe I have a regional bias and it's just how Missouri/Oklahoma/Kansas/Illinois/Nebraska teams do it, but I thought a majority (in my mind a vast majority) didn't do that.

If I'm correct then a gym waiting until that late is putting themselves at a disadvantage by having to play catch up... but if Im wrong feel free to correct me! I very we'll may be wrong.

Maybe I have a regional bias and it's just how Missouri/Oklahoma/Kansas/Illinois/Nebraska teams do it, but I thought a majority (in my mind a vast majority) didn't do that.

If I'm correct then a gym waiting until that late is putting themselves at a disadvantage by having to play catch up... but if Im wrong feel free to correct me! I very we'll may be wrong.
I don't think anyone is right or wrong, there are world/ cheersport/ NCA champions in a lot of different geographic areas.. People just set up their seasons differently. Some people expect different things at different parts of the season but most everybody pulls through an peaks at a good time! I never felt like we were at a disadvantage by the way we scheduled our season. We had more time to build and strengthen as a new team & develop steadier skills before throwing in choreography.

For you it may be.. For others its not.. Around here the year/season starts in December.. Choreography usually in October/November. For most high schools their state competitions have already happened.. Florida's isn't util February. Some people hold tryouts before worlds.. We wait til after.. Sometimes two weeks after.

Everyone doesn't quite do it like you do

In Wisconsin our state isn't until end of February...are we the only state with such late state competitions?

My kids did front walkover front walkover cartwheel back extension roll step out back walkover back walkover. I really like a good back extension roll step out in there! I tried it out of roundoff and it can be done as long as they stay super tight but come found it/looked quite awkward
Oh it is definitely something that needs good technique which is the beauty in it. But a nice tight roundoff rebound that leads into a beautiful back extension roll? Unexpected and requires good form no matter what. I've played around with it for older girls but never actually tried it on a level 1 group.

Busted her pass then gave a blah performance in dance and then was one of the 1st to exit the floor in a huff... she had a bad attitude. sorry not sorry
Look it was just a showcase she's sO much better than that at least she throws tumbling you should of seen her in fab5,s routine at worlds she was going ham! Everyone at spirit knows she's talented she's even a 3x world champ so I wouldnt be talking about her like that! After comps come back on here and tell us what you think about her later!

Yes, Spirit Explosion! But that blond girl had a bad attitude after her tumbling mess up... get over yourself. Other than that, amazing job guys!

A bad attitude seriously? I was at the showcase and she didn't even show any negative additude, yeah when we mess up tumbling we get mad cause we do it all the time! Therefore She doesn't have to get over herself so go away and stop critizing her for something she didn't do! If youre dissing Kelly why would you say good job at the end like they're sisters and brothers they STAND up for eachother and right now they don't like you infact all of SE doesn't like you! Kelly is amazingly talented so bye kid! You should be on the computer less your eyes are messed up

To whoever posted the video of Great Whites, I'd like to thank you for respecting the wishes of the owners of Cheer Sport who ask that every year videos are not posted until later in the season. Sarcasm intended, though I will say I'm glad it was removed, the performance was far from what the girls were capable of and is not the best representation of what that team is going to do this year.

In Wisconsin our state isn't until end of February...are we the only state with such late state competitions?
I don't know if they have changed it in the past few years, but Illinois used have states at around that same time. Since girls weren't allowed to cheer for both school and allstar in our area, we'd have a few cheerleaders join us after they were done competing. Our school district usually never made it past regionals.

Like I said, though, it has been a few years...my memory may be failing me. ;)

Okay, so maybe not worlds ready, but I've seen a lot of teams with stunts falling all over the place and the excuse is that it's the first competition. Does the first competition equate to it not mattering whether or not you hit? Is it more of a trial run for most teams? I'm honestly curious.

The push for difficulty moves up each season. So no one is gonna be PERFECT their 1st time out. Plus i think it gets rid of those nerves. A lot of level 5 teams don't really have much, if any competition the 1st time around so i think its perfectly fine to get some stage time.

I don't think anyone is right or wrong, there are world/ cheersport/ NCA champions in a lot of different geographic areas.. People just set up their seasons differently. Some people expect different things at different parts of the season but most everybody pulls through an peaks at a good time! I never felt like we were at a disadvantage by the way we scheduled our season. We had more time to build and strengthen as a new team & develop steadier skills before throwing in choreography.

Are you guys working on your stunts all year up to choreography? Cause if you are I still feel like my point is valid. If you start working as a team in the summer and work on your stunt until choreo in october, then you should still have mid-year consistency by december...

Back