All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Basically the exact same response everyone said last year at this exact time too hah!

Didn't cheetahs get a full paid last year at spirit celebration? They just seemed like they were having a tougher time meshing this year than last and really hitting it together (although, I guess some of that idea in my head could be contributed to who I follow on twitter....haha)

Whoever is picking the music for these videos is my musical soul mate and deserves a raise.

SMOOOEEEEEDDD

I think the Coed divisions are gonna be CRAZY at the Majors... SMOED VS. Brandon is gonna interesting ... No offense to Mysterious, who def looks incredible from their vid, but they aren't on par with these 2 across the board. If they both were to hit, I'd have a very hard time picking a winner.

Large Coed will just be a nailbitter all around... I honestly think it'll be a Cali vs. Cheetahs showdown as all 3 teams stunt pretty much at the same (insane) level, but IMO CEA falls pretty short when comparing their tumbling to the other 2. Again, if everyone hits... it'll be CLOSE.

Still not sure if I'm a fan of the Majors in general tho... I love the idea of focusing on a few select teams, recognizing the individual athletes and coaches, the promo vids, etc etc, but I guess the event seems too disconnected from Worlds/ the rest of the season. As in, I don't get what winning the Majors proves...? It just doesn't show me the same significance as beating ALL of the best teams that weekend like you would if you won at NCA, Cheersport, or Worlds. The selection to attend is so subjective and involves no voting by the cheer community nor really any consideration of last year's reigning World medalists, so ehh.

I think the Coed divisions are gonna be CRAZY at the Majors... SMOED VS. Brandon is gonna interesting ... No offense to Mysterious, who def looks incredible from their vid, but they aren't on par with these 2 across the board. If they both were to hit, I'd have a very hard time picking a winner.

Large Coed will just be a nailbitter all around... I honestly think it'll be a Cali vs. Cheetahs showdown as all 3 teams stunt pretty much at the same (insane) level, but IMO CEA falls pretty short when comparing their tumbling to the other 2. Again, if everyone hits... it'll be CLOSE.

Still not sure if I'm a fan of the Majors in general tho... I love the idea of focusing on a few select teams, recognizing the individual athletes and coaches, the promo vids, etc etc, but I guess the event seems too disconnected from Worlds/ the rest of the season. As in, I don't get what winning the Majors proves...? It just doesn't show me the same significance as beating ALL of the best teams that weekend like you would if you won at NCA, Cheersport, or Worlds. The selection to attend is so subjective and involves no voting by the cheer community nor really any consideration of last year's reigning World medalists, so ehh.
Out of 9 teams.. there are 4 gold medal and 3 silver medal teams attending. I can think of several other medalists who were invited but declined.

Out of 9 teams.. there are 4 gold medal and 3 silver medal teams attending. I can think of several other medalists who were invited but declined.

Right, my thing is why wouldn't all three of last year's medalists from each division want to attend? The comp still has a sort of empty, weightless, significance in the season in the shadows of NCA, Cheersport, and Worlds.

Right, my thing is why wouldn't all three of last year's medalists from each division want to attend? The comp still has a sort of empty, weightless, significance in the season in the shadows of NCA, Cheersport, and Worlds.
Right now it's kind of meaningless, they're hoping to gain influence but right now a lot of gyms see it as a waste of travel when they can't get a bid to worlds which now has meaning. I hope to see the majors gain some credibility which will take time, like any growing idea.

Back