College 2012 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why did Louisville compete in prelims in hip hop and then pull out for finals?

Okay proposal for NCA, please make All Girl DIII strictly an intermediate division, please.

Little confused on this post considering most of the top teams in this division have team standing or jump to tucks and 3-8 fulls on the team along with full and double full baskets. I couldn't imagine competing in an intermediate division. Its just like an other division where they have teams competing "just for the experience".

Why did Louisville compete in prelims in hip hop and then pull out for finals?

They were never competing in the hip hop division. It was a typo on the performance order. The open team that did compete was in the open division and performed Jazz.

Little confused on this post considering most of the top teams in this division have team standing or jump to tucks and 3-8 fulls on the team along with full and double full baskets. I couldn't imagine competing in an intermediate division. Its just like an other division where they have teams competing "just for the experience".

More so they should just allow those teams to compete in the All Girl II division. Besides to top teams in that division the others were pretty scary and should have been made to compete in the Intermediate division. A few examples were thrown around in the thread. I feel that if it was combined with All Girl II then many of those teams wouldn't compete and would instead go intermediate.

Either that when you go for a bid they tell you if you qualify for the regular divisions or must go intermediate.

More so they should just allow those teams to compete in the All Girl II division. Besides to top teams in that division the others were pretty scary and should have been made to compete in the Intermediate division. A few examples were thrown around in the thread. I feel that if it was combined with All Girl II then many of those teams wouldn't compete and would instead go intermediate.

Either that when you go for a bid they tell you if you qualify for the regular divisions or must go intermediate.

All Girl II used to be combined with All Girl III until they separated it a few years ago. You can't just tell a few teams that they're too good to be in All Girl III and so should be in All Girl II - that's not their school's division.

All Girl II used to be combined with All Girl III until they separated it a few years ago. You can't just tell a few teams that they're too good to be in All Girl III and so should be in All Girl II - that's not their school's division.

Then NCA needs to tell schools when they receive a bid if they can compete in that division or move to the Intermediate division. It sounds bad, but there were teams there that could have gotten hurt because they were trying to hang with the top teams in that division.
I will never understand the "going for the experience" thing because it is just silly. Those teams should be made to compete at a level that they are ready for, just like teams in all the other divisions that scare the daylights out of people.

Then NCA needs to tell schools when they receive a bid if they can compete in that division or move to the Intermediate division. It sounds bad, but there were teams there that could have gotten hurt because they were trying to hang with the top teams in that division.
I will never understand the "going for the experience" thing because it is just silly. Those teams should be made to compete at a level that they are ready for, just like teams in all the other divisions that scare the daylights out of people.

Many teams recieve their bid at summer camp. NCA has no way of knowing how much the teams are going to progress from July to April. And many of the teams change divisions and/or gain and lose people before even getting to Florida. NCA would have to check back in on the teams they have given bids to, which does not sound very cost efficient.

This is similar to the idea of high schools having a level system. There is no organization at present to certify these schools for competition and no one seems to have a cost effective way of making this happen. And at the same time we have all seen allstar teams that have no business competing in the level that the coach has chosen for them. While people complain that these teams need to level down there is no one calling for the competition companies to force the teams with two fulls and jank level 3 or 4 everything else to compete at a more appropriate level. At every level it is up to the coach to determine the level of competition. While there may be a need across the board to certify teams for a specific level of competition, I doubt that it will happen anytime soon. And I doubt that any competition company is interested in making coaches angry by having them jump through numerous hoops just to compete.

They were never competing in the hip hop division. It was a typo on the performance order. The open team that did compete was in the open division and performed Jazz.
Are you sure? My friend is on a team who competed in the hip hop division and said they competed day 1 and were in 5th after prelims. Then pulled out before day 2.

Are you sure? My friend is on a team who competed in the hip hop division and said they competed day 1 and were in 5th after prelims. Then pulled out before day 2.

Hip Hop only competes 1 day, they don't have a prelims so Friday is their only time to compete. The team that was in 5th after day 1 was Ladybirds (Red I think).

I coach at Louisville. The team that was in 5th after prelims was the normal D1A division that is required to perform the 3 different styles of dance(Jazz, Hip Hop, & Pom). The "open" team that won was the team that only performed jazz. They did not have a hip hop only routine this year like years past. On a side note our program would never "pull out" of the competition b\c of the placement they received in prelims.

I coach at Louisville. The team that was in 5th after prelims was the normal D1A division that is required to perform the 3 different styles of dance(Jazz, Hip Hop, & Pom). The "open" team that won was the team that only performed jazz. They did not have a hip hop only routine this year like years past. On a side note our program would never "pull out" of the competition b\c of the placement they received in prelims.
I didn't mean to insinuate anything, please don't take it that way. I was just going off something I was told by another competitor, and I will attempt to set it straight with them. Thanks for clearing it up.

I didn't mean to insinuate anything, please don't take it that way. I was just going off something I was told by another competitor, and I will attempt to set it straight with them. Thanks for clearing it up.

no worries at all :) just clarifying...

Back