2012 Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

On Monday we returned from the most amazing trip I have ever been on. I was one of the lucky 16 cheerleaders selected to attend the Olympic Games in London. We arrived in London on Monday, August 6 and stayed for a week, until Monday, August 13! Overall we spent a lot of time in Olympic Park, which never got old to us! Some of the highlights of Olympic Park were taking all the pictures by the rings. I wanted to take a picture inside the Olympic Rings since I saw the men’s gymnastics team do it - which of course, that was the first thing we did.

The entire time we were there all we could think about was how lucky we were to be able to represent cheerleading across the world! In America cheerleading is extremely popular, and internationally it is growing, but to have the opportunity to show the world what cheerleaders do was incredible. Everywhere we went people wanted to know where we were from and asked us about cheerleading in the United States. The guys put several people up in the air! I may have even let a couple guys put me in the air – haha.

We were lucky enough to perform at the men’s and women’s handball game, which I know most of you are thinking… what is handball? Handball is not a very popular sport in the US, but is it huge across Europe and Asia, every game we performed at was completely sold out – and the fans were great! We had so many people Tweeting about us! We were able to perform for numerous games and countries including:
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Hungary
  • Croatia
  • Norway
  • Montenegro
  • Korea
  • Spain
  • Iceland

Overall, this was the most amazing experience of my life. I am so honored to have been selected to represent cheerleading across the world.
- Jackie Martin

Back