College 2012 Uca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Alabama wasn't the only squad that had to deal with the BCS Championship Game. LSU had the very same experience as well.

LSU always does well, but not top 3. They arent a contender for the title. Add in Chico's injury, and it was great that they did as well as they did. I'm sure they would have done better as well had they not had the game last week.

I'd like to add that LSUs rewind to hands with the flyers holding the signs was AMAZING.
Can I shimmy this like 1000 times? Favorite part of the routine.
Anyone else kind of disappointed Ohio State dropped like 3 stunts? I though they had it this year when they opened with those standing fulls.

First of all BIG congratulations to UK! JOB WELL DONE!!!!

Something I saw very interesting about this competition as a whole while I watched online was essentially not a single team hit their routine. If my memory serves me correctly Tennessee and Miss State were the only two I remember that kept all skills in the air and had no tumbling busts.

Does anyone else think this years new requirement for all teams to perform twice (prelims and finals) had an effect? I'd argue being great twice adds a whole new mindset to the competition. Obviously you need to do well in prelims to even make finals then you have to turn around the next day and hit to win in finals.

Side note: I agree with kingston there was a bit more choreography during transitions which I think added to more appealing routines to watch. I hope that trend continues in years to come.

All cheerleaders from Slovenia are so prud of Matej. He moved all the way from Europe to Kentucky so he can cheer for UK. It's his first year on UK and he is doing great. WE are all so proud of him!!

First of all BIG congratulations to UK! JOB WELL DONE!!!!

Something I saw very interesting about this competition as a whole while I watched online was essentially not a single team hit their routine. If my memory serves me correctly Tennessee and Miss State were the only two I remember that kept all skills in the air and had no tumbling busts.

Does anyone else think this years new requirement for all teams to perform twice (prelims and finals) had an effect? I'd argue being great twice adds a whole new mindset to the competition. Obviously you need to do well in prelims to even make finals then you have to turn around the next day and hit to win in finals.

Side note: I agree with kingston there was a bit more choreography during transitions which I think added to more appealing routines to watch. I hope that trend continues in years to come.

I think that performing twice does have an effect. Most of these teams are use to only performing once so having to go out there and hit twice seemed to get to them. I don't remember there being this many busts last year.

Love that there is more choreography going on in these routines. For a while it seemed like they were all the same year after year but now they are becoming far more exciting to watch. The only change that I really want to see happen but I know I never will is for them to do like NCA and have the cheer at the beginning, which is why I love Slippery Rock because they do it at the beginning. I see UCA finally moving in the right direction though.

I knew Bama wouldn't win this year.......it was just too much with having the BCS Championship game last week. The team was busy with all of the travel and events leading up to the game (there are appearances and pep rallys leading up to the bowl games). Then they had to travel. That's lots of time lost. While they were doing that UK and UCF were busy having two a days for their Nationals routine.

I'm gonna disagree here. And here's why:
The BCS game was closer to Tuscaloosa than a Florida or Kentucky football game - travel (jet lag, weariness, etc.) was not an issue. Its not like they went to the Rose Bowl in California. They drove maybe four hours at most to get to NOLA.
The cheerleaders had plenty of time - if they wanted it - to practice while in New Orleans. They had enough free time practice.

Bama just didn't hit. Last year they did and won. Its as simple as that.
Any other explanation feels like an excuse.

I think that performing twice does have an effect. Most of these teams are use to only performing once so having to go out there and hit twice seemed to get to them. I don't remember there being this many busts last year.

Love that there is more choreography going on in these routines. For a while it seemed like they were all the same year after year but now they are becoming far more exciting to watch. The only change that I really want to see happen but I know I never will is for them to do like NCA and have the cheer at the beginning, which is why I love Slippery Rock because they do it at the beginning. I see UCA finally moving in the right direction though.

Actually, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to putting a cheer in the middle of the routine. Hopefully, NCA will follow suit but I kinda doubt it.

Actually, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to putting a cheer in the middle of the routine. Hopefully, NCA will follow suit but I kinda doubt it.

I don't see NCA taking what I consider steps backwards and doing that. Putting the cheer in the middle of the routine slows things down. Plus at NCA you only perform the cheer one time and the score carries over to finals.

I'm gonna disagree here. And here's why:
The BCS game was closer to Tuscaloosa than a Florida or Kentucky football game - travel (jet lag, weariness, etc.) was not an issue. Its not like they went to the Rose Bowl in California. They drove maybe four hours at most to get to NOLA.
The cheerleaders had plenty of time - if they wanted it - to practice while in New Orleans. They had enough free time practice.

Bama just didn't hit. Last year they did and won. Its as simple as that.
Any other explanation feels like an excuse.

I wasn't meaning it as an excuse. I think that even if everyone hit, UK would have still won and Bama would have been maybe 2 or 3.

hey ya'll, really sorry i didnt update this weekend on twitter, didn't even think to do it :(
i was kinda disappointed in the lack of spectators this year, but it made it that much easier for me to have front row seats on the mat all weekend :)
as dissappointing as it was that very little teams actually hit their routines, especially in finals, i did like seeing a change up with some innovative choreography. some teams had some pretty neat stuff in their routines. i was really impressed with d2 large coed actually.
i think the lack of execution may have something to do with the whole prelims/finals thing, and also no taping. i know that we used taping as a chance to teach skills and also have them hitting solid. so then when it came time to do the routine, we just had to piece stuff together.
already looking forward to next year! and bringing back coed. that was probably the hardest part of the entire weekend :( it was very hard to be down there without our guys, it just wasn't the same.

hey ya'll, really sorry i didnt update this weekend on twitter, didn't even think to do it :(
i was kinda disappointed in the lack of spectators this year, but it made it that much easier for me to have front row seats on the mat all weekend :)
as dissappointing as it was that very little teams actually hit their routines, especially in finals, i did like seeing a change up with some innovative choreography. some teams had some pretty neat stuff in their routines. i was really impressed with d2 large coed actually.
i think the lack of execution may have something to do with the whole prelims/finals thing, and also no taping. i know that we used taping as a chance to teach skills and also have them hitting solid. so then when it came time to do the routine, we just had to piece stuff together.
already looking forward to next year! and bringing back coed. that was probably the hardest part of the entire weekend :( it was very hard to be down there without our guys, it just wasn't the same.
I was waiting for ages for Varsity to put Slippery Rock up! Congrats on second!

Back