All-Star 2013 Cheer Extreme Showcase......come Be A Vip!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you prefer a one time purchase of that day over a subscription?
One day purchase (or two day for a two-day competition). That's my personal preference. However, if I was a part of the aforementioned parents who couldn't see my child compete as frequently I could see myself choosing a subscription. I personally would be willing to pay for a reasonable priced subscription for high quality videos live and on demand, if that makes sense.

I've never purchased a subscription (except last season's cheerlive debacle :mad:) in the past, but I would for a reasonable price and decent videos.

I've never purchased a subscription (except last season's cheerlive debacle :mad:) in the past, but I would for a reasonable price and decent videos.

Very expensive to have a library with multiple videos for multiple teams. Systems tend to charge by the minute of viewing, and people will watch a mini 2 team 2 times and then a worlds team 3,000 times. Hard to make a model out of that :/

Very expensive to have a library with multiple videos for multiple teams. Systems tend to charge by the minute of viewing, and people will watch a mini 2 team 2 times and then a worlds team 3,000 times. Hard to make a model out of that :/
Ahh very true! It's the same on my YouTube channel. Well I don't know too much on the business side of a live stream, but I would buy a one time purchase for a competition, as I have many times in the past- but I would pay the extra money for a better quality. I don't know if that's possible or not- like charge a "premium" price for an HD feed and a cheaper price for a "regular" feed. Would that be feasible from the business side?

I think it could be a way to acquire more business that way. Just a thought I had- charge more for the premium (HD feed) and less than what others charge for a "normal" feed and you might be able to achieve a balance between the poor college and hs kids trying to pay for the feed compared to the parents, coaches, etc.

Ahh very true! It's the same on my YouTube channel. Well I don't know too much on the business side of a live stream, but I would buy a one time purchase for a competition, as I have many times in the past- but I would pay the extra money for a better quality. I don't know if that's possible or not- like charge a "premium" price for an HD feed and a cheaper price for a "regular" feed. Would that be feasible from the business side?

Yes, but having two streams raises the price for both streams. Having one solid stream isn't as difficult as it sounds, but it is more expensive than you think it would be.

Yes, but having two streams raises the price for both streams. Having one solid stream isn't as difficult as it sounds, but it is more expensive than you think it would be.
Sucks for the first group of people- wouldn't deter me though. Even a happy freaking medium would suffice! I swear there has to be a better way than the other company I mentioned.

I would love an HD video archive because I can't watch a stream in real time (yay southern hemisphere probs). Maybe just for higher level teams at comps that you livestream to make it more feasible. I watch a lot of lower level videos to get choreo ideas but tend to go for the gyms I know will have full team skills and can be innovative with the elements. Could this maybe be a part of being a national champ board member?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I actually really love good live streams. I've purchased them for all major events that I couldn't be present for since my former CP wasn't in any of the age/skill divisions that would attend those comps. I prefer the ability to have immediate access. HD videos can be edited (doesn't happen as often, but can), sometimes people don't get both days at 2 day comps, some teams people actually do care about aren't taped (this I see most often), especially lower level teams or teams not from a powerhouse gym, I'm impatient and don't really wanna wait and see if someone uploads something only to find out they didn't, sometimes videos get taken down from YouTube whereas some of the live streams you can go back and watch VOD over and over, and many time the "HD" quality isn't really so HD on my computer or phone (or maybe that's bc I'm partially blind). And this is coming from someone whose channel gets a ton of hits and compliments bc of the HD videos my hubby would take when my CP used to compete. :)
Then there's always that ONE person who was like, "Did you get so and so????!!!" and so on.

All of that plus, I CANNOT stand watching a routine someone has videoed (i'm not talking about someone who just tapes the live feed and posts it) and all I can hear is the mother SCREECHING through the whole thing! And I'm soooo guilty of doing that in my own videos but I never post them. Too embarrassed for myself. LOL

I had the same exact thought the first few times I watched it. Once I saw an HD video, they actually bring their hands together to form a heart in that not-so-scorpion position. Once I noticed that, it kind of grew on me.
Just re-watched it, I never noticed that, this makes so much more sense!

From the videos I watched on the thread there are many teams who I think would be happy looking this good by end of season. So here is to a great season for you CEA.
And my kids compete against CEA - I just like cheer and when I see something good I don't care who it is - big gym or little gym. I'll say it. I have no favorite gym - okay most days it is the one my kids go to (I love my cheer family) but somedays (just a few) even that is up for grabs :confused:

Back