All-Star 2013 Cheer Extreme Showcase......come Be A Vip!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So looking at the business potential of doing live streams.... if people are posting HD quality videos of the teams people want to see for free 2 minutes after they do it live what is the motivation to purchase a live stream account?

I have and understand the ability to do a live stream but I can't see how well someone can make money if everyone gets what they want for free right after it's done.

I think the main reason people look for the videos is because of 1. the ridiculous cost the live stream company is asking for and 2. the horrible quality you get for your money. If I'm paying $14.99 a month for access I shouldn't have to deal with pixelated video, loading issues, or freezing streams. I prefer paying "by event" and think Varsity, Dartfish, and whatever company they use for Worlds has a good thing going. Unfortunately in this industry it's less about how good your product is and more about who you know...at least from what I've seen.

Paying for one event/competition is so much better. I had no problem paying for NCA (allstar & college), their stream worked great and my friends and I made a little happening around it and watched it together. I have an account at CheerLive and I've watched a lot of their showcases and such, but I usually don't re-watch the videos after. If I want to watch something again I go to YouTube.

I think the main reason people look for the videos is because of 1. the ridiculous cost the live stream company is asking for and 2. the horrible quality you get for your money. If I'm paying $14.99 a month for access I shouldn't have to deal with pixelated video, loading issues, or freezing streams. I prefer paying "by event" and think Varsity, Dartfish, and whatever company they use for Worlds has a good thing going. Unfortunately in this industry it's less about how good your product is and more about who you know...at least from what I've seen.

Speaking of, am I the only one that has been concerned that since Cheersport became a Varsity brand, that gone are the days of Dartfish? I've been concerned about this since it happened and I don't know if anyone else is concerned..I just cant see myself ever purchasing a Varsity VOD....

Dartfish however, was everything and it will stink if Cheersport can't use it anymore

Last edited:
Trying not to take this completely off topic but here is an example of a recorded Livestream that was done at Quakecon 2013 (gamer convention): Quakecon 2013

It was broadcasted with a Clear Wireless device at 1meg/sec. In some areas where the wireless mic was used there is some sketchiness with sound but I don't think there was any problems with freezing or stuttered video. The only difference was at peak there was 16-1700 viewers compared to the showcases that probably had more. Increased traffic can be solved by having an independent server w/ Amazon or Google...a little pricey but well worth it for the increased traffic.

If I was Joelle or any other WC coach in particular..to be invited to watch CEA's showcase, I'd definitely be pumped to show everyone what WC can also do :)

That Pyramid is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen....but looks scary dangerous. One thing off and it is not going to be pretty. When it hit's it will be the best pyramid ever. Can't wait to see what WCSS look like....I can't help but think someone was keeping mental notes and comparing...you wouldn't be a good coach if you didn't LOL.

I thought Brandon was going to knock Missy out! Love how excited he gets!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I would rather get knocked out by Brandon then be stuck bobbing and weaving behind Ben (when he's standing up in the priority seating. LOL) He does not stand still and I spend the whole routine trying to see around him. Bob and weave is definitely a technical cheer term. LMAO

Courtney is an artistic extrovert. Unusual combination. Meaning she is very internally creative but constantly looks to other's opinions not for affirmation of her idea, but any new idea or opinion she can contemplate or incorporate. If she respects your opinion she will seek you out. Her visual perception and memory is off the charts. She, like all of us has her strengths and weaknesses. Her mind works so fast that often she will appear to be flippant, but she is listening.

That said, she has a characteristic that has enabled her to create an iconic all girl team in SE. She has the ability to interact with young women in a critical and often in your face style, Lombardi like, while she lets them know that she cares about them as much as anyone in their lives and they become motivated not only to please their teammates and parents, but the coach. However, she is only happy when she sees them mature to the point where all the work and effort is really to please themselves and become self motivated to be the best they can be for not only themselves but the team. Not the staff or the parents. It is hard to do.

1000% Accurate - Courtney internalized the idea I had for her second sequence back in June, found a way to execute it & incorporated it into this years routine. She very much listens, and is in a constant state of evolving her knowledge & limits of this sport.

1000% Accurate - Courtney internalized the idea I had for her second sequence back in June, found a way to execute it & incorporated it into this years routine. She very much listens, and is in a constant state of evolving her knowledge & limits of this sport.
Which one was their second sequence?

Back