College 2013 Uca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I remember when HPU used to offer cheer scholarships for grad students. Basically they'd be getting a Master's degree for free and they get to do what they love and they're probably in better shape than their friends...sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me
Yes! And when they won...you didnt see all this nastiness the Tigers are getting! Come on folks..on any given day the results would be different and it would include any of those top 4 teams...Memphis had the 1st draw and came out growling and set the bar high! there was no room for even the slightest error. They worked very hard and their efforts paid off. Can't we give them a little credit?

It would never happen, but I would love to see what an all girl team from the University of Kentucky would look like.

I'm pretty sure that the UK all-girl squad would no doubt seriously challenge the likes of Indiana, Memphis, San Diego State, and other top All Girl I-A squads at the UCA College Nationals.

But from what I have heard, T. Lynn Williamson is not very high on all-girl cheerleading. What I understand is that Williamson is a traditionalist--he prefers the girls as flyers and the guys as bases.

But a UK all-girl team would give talented female cheerleaders (mainly bases) from the likes of Greenup, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Tates Creek, Pikeville, and Kentucky Elite to come to UK, but have to settle for cheering at Louisville, Morehead State, WKU, and other schools.

I'm pretty sure that the UK all-girl squad would no doubt seriously challenge the likes of Indiana, Memphis, San Diego State, and other top All Girl I-A squads at the UCA College Nationals.

But from what I have heard, T. Lynn Williamson is not very high on all-girl cheerleading. What I understand is that Williamson is a traditionalist--he prefers the girls as flyers and the guys as bases.

But a UK all-girl team would give talented female cheerleaders (mainly bases) from the likes of Greenup, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Tates Creek, Pikeville, and Kentucky Elite to come to UK, but have to settle for cheering at Louisville, Morehead State, WKU, and other schools.
Umm I wouldnt call cheering at UofL or Morehead SETTLING!

Agreed. I love Minnesota (still waiting for them to win one day) but I would love to see a UK all girl team. Like you said, there are so many talented high schools in Kentucky and you forgot my favorites, North Laurel!

I also agree with collegecheermum, I don't consider those schools to be settling! They all have strong cheer programs but I get what you mean. Like they really wanted to cheer at their (maybe) dream school, UK, but they don't fly so they "settle" on the other schools.

LOVE North Laurel. I really admire how they begin to develop talent at such a young age. Their middle school could hang with the big dogs anyday!! Such a strong program overall!
I definitely agree with you! Their middle school could beat so many teams in the normal high school divisions. I think I might have yelled their cheer louder than my own last year at nationals lol.

Just watched the 1st airing of UCA D1A Coed Nationals Coverage....Congrats to all the Teams in that insanely difficult division. Let's GO Tigers!!!

Back