High School 2014-2015 Season!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was just curious as to when everybody else had their try outs and then when practices started for them? Try outs for us just ended on Friday.:D We'll start having practices about a week into June to prepare for camp which we have at the end of June! How does it look for everybody else? Have your tryouts happened yet? When do you go to camp? How many practices do you get in before camp?
We aren't allowed to have tryouts till June 1st and they must be over by the time school ends for the year. (although with this many snow days in MA, that will be the beginning of July!)

I was just curious as to when everybody else had their try outs and then when practices started for them? Try outs for us just ended on Friday.:D We'll start having practices about a week into June to prepare for camp which we have at the end of June! How does it look for everybody else? Have your tryouts happened yet? When do you go to camp? How many practices do you get in before camp?
We have tryouts In May down here in Florida, usually kind of lax during Summer, then Choreography is in July, teams are set and first competitions are in November.

Oh, I should have said for AllStar. Highschool cheer try outs are April, a few practices during summer, than regular weekly practices when School Starts in August.

So we just got our tryout packets today! My school usually does tryouts at the beginning of May, but they're earlier which I am ecstatic about! (Tryouts were the weekend before my birthday, so the blow of not making it was still fresh in my mind.) But we're trying out next week. It's actually the first two days of our spring break. We have a half day on Wednesday, and we have our first clinic that afternoon. Then we have another clinic the next morning and tryouts that afternoon. Then we have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to find out and mentally prepare ourselves for the coming week. I definitely like this way a lot more. Our practices start at the beginning of June. And we have about two practices a week through the summer, and camp in July. Competition practices start in November. I'm getting really nervous! Wish me luck!

we have tryouts next week then i give them a week after school ends before we start practice. We will start fundraising the week after try-outs so that we have time to pay for uniforms and camp without parents having to put out all that money quickly

Normally, our tryouts are at the end of March/beginning of April, but due to softball schedules and spring break, I'm not holding tryouts until middle of May, one week before school is out. I'm actually excited to have a longer break this year, it's much needed. I'm already feeling rejuvenated and ready for next season!!

I will have a meeting the week after tryouts (it's finals week so, no practices) then we will start practices after Memorial Day.

I think I am going to forgo camp this year, haven't been real thrilled with the private camps the last two years (only learning one floor cheer, two sidelines, and one dance that the girls are sick of by the end of camp is not a lot of material to learn) and I'm instead going to hold 6 full day skill building practices.

That's when the HS is having their tryouts here too. A little later than usual but the coach said the same thing it's a much needed break and time away before the craziness ensues again. They will have a day where they learn all the material and then a couple days later they will have the actual tryouts.

My old high school just got a new Varsity coach and are still looking for a new JV coach. I'm so sad since now all of my old coaches are gone and I won't ever be able to go stop in at a practice because the new coach will be like who the heck are you?!

My old high school just got a new Varsity coach and are still looking for a new JV coach. I'm so sad since now all of my old coaches are gone and I won't ever be able to go stop in at a practice because the new coach will be like who the heck are you?!

Something tells me that your school will be boasting of the triplets who cheered for the Packers forever :).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We usually have tryouts right after Spring Break. We have 3 days of clinics and tryout on the 4th day. We have the month of May off then start practices in June with NCA camp & choreography camp in July.

In MA we can't have tryouts until June, or end of August when the "season begins". If we have tryouts in June, we can only pick the team, and then possibly go to camp. No practice until the season begins at the end of August. I wish we could have tryouts around this time!

Unless things are changing for this year, our HS has tryouts in June but is not allowed to practice until the last two weeks in August.

My high school cheer tryouts were the last week in April (right before Worlds) and my all-star tryouts were May 10th! For HS, we have camp July 15th through the 18th (which I won't be available to attend ): unfortunately) and we have practice 3x a week. Tumbling on Mondays from 4-6, regular practice on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I have all-star on Sundays (flyer's practice), Tuesdays, Thursdays and some Fridays! :D It's a crazy schedule!

Back