High School 2014-2015 Season!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My high school cheer tryouts were the last week in April (right before Worlds) and my all-star tryouts were May 10th! For HS, we have camp July 15th through the 18th (which I won't be available to attend ): unfortunately) and we have practice 3x a week. Tumbling on Mondays from 4-6, regular practice on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I have all-star on Sundays (flyer's practice), Tuesdays, Thursdays and some Fridays! :D It's a crazy schedule!

Does your high school not require mandatory attendance to camp?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Tryouts were last night. My cp got top score. I'm so proud. We have one practice next week to figure out our stunt groups.Then July will be optional. Mid-August mandatory, camp, choreography.

^^^^I really don't know how I could have lived life not being able to have tryouts til June. #ohlordt
@oncecoolcoachnowmom".....My CP's HS coach is on maternity leave and they are not having tryouts til the end of June I believe. It doesn't affect my cp as she was on comp team last year, is a senior, and has all the skills required to make the team. They don't have captains but I believe that the "seniors" have been helping organize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We start our try out process in September. First practice with the team may not happen until the first week of October. We are a competition only team that competes for the first time (each year) in February.

Does your high school not require mandatory attendance to camp?

My school does, however, because I'm an all star cheerleader, and have more experience than 100% of my team, they "were able to let this go". My school is not very good at cheerleading (they're still learning hang drills and preps). Plus they gave us a set of dates and they specifically chose the date that I COULD NOT attend :( I'm super sad I can't go but I'll be out of the state so there's nothing I can do.

My school does, however, because I'm an all star cheerleader, and have more experience than 100% of my team, they "were able to let this go". My school is not very good at cheerleading (they're still learning hang drills and preps). Plus they gave us a set of dates and they specifically chose the date that I COULD NOT attend :( I'm super sad I can't go but I'll be out of the state so there's nothing I can do.

I am sorry, but I don't care who is cheering, camp is not necessarily about just skills at the high school level, it is bonding. I have girls that out stunt and out tumble people, yes. I have kids that are new to cheer and I have kids who have been cheering forever. BUT what I can say is that a team is a team. You can not replace that. Just because you have more experience doesn't mean that you mesh well immediately with your group and are perfect. I would be really upset with your high school coaches, it almost seems to me that they don't want you part of the squad.

Our tryouts were first week in May we did two days of clinic and cuts and then one final team placement day. We started pract this week twice. Week for two hrs at a time.

Back