All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe they competed at a small soffe comp this weekend as level 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure there is an NCA rule in place that makes it a requirement to compete at at least one competition at the level/division you are competing at NCA, which I believe was put in place to try to limit the sandbagging that was becoming popular.

I'm pretty sure there is an NCA rule in place that makes it a requirement to compete at at least one competition at the level you are competing at NCA, which I believe was put in place to try to limit the sandbagging that was becoming popular.
Oh I agree with you, conveniently they attended that comp this weekend lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that stinks for those who have been L3 all year. Wasn't there a huge to do last year when another gym did the same thing? I get that it's not technically illegal but stuff like this really makes me side eye a gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
This...our gym has a LJ3 that will now be competing against Starburst and a LJ4 that won't. Based on the little bit I have seen of Starburst this season it does stink for our LJ3. And knowing our LJ4, they would have welcomed the competition. I don't want to speculate why they dropped levels but I do question it.

If you look at competition results on WC's website they haven't won a competition yet this year in J4. Maybe they figured if they haven't even been successful locally at level 4 they should drop...I personally think it's a weird decision and sucks for all the true LJ3 teams, especially since WC has a perfectly good LJ3 team that, according to their results, does seem to be having a successful season. But I guess I can see where they're coming from too.

So what happens to the currently successful LJ3 if LJ4 becomes LJ3 and competes at that level for NCA ? Obviously they don't want to compete against each other. Will they be separated due to a division split ?

This topic brought to mind a question for all you folks. If a team is not winning at competitions but placing second, third or fourth consistently, is that justification for changing levels just prior to a major competition ? I'm not implying anything about the team mentioned above, it's a serious question. We've encountered sandbagging at NCA in the past but it was blatant and brutally obvious. Because of that type of thing occurring we give a sideways glance to teams that switch levels mid season. But, I'm sure there are at times justifiable circumstances for making a switch. I'm just wondering what would be deemed justifiable such that it wouldn't be considered sandbagging to switch ? Is it the timing of the switch ?

So what happens to the currently successful LJ3 if LJ4 becomes LJ3 and competes at that level for NCA ? Obviously they don't want to compete against each other. Will they be separated due to a division split ?

Their level 3 is not going to Dallas

This topic brought to mind a question for all you folks. If a team is not winning at competitions but placing second, third or fourth consistently, is that justification for changing levels just prior to a major competition ? I'm not implying anything about the team mentioned above, it's a serious question. We've encountered sandbagging at NCA in the past but it was blatant and brutally obvious. Because of that type of thing occurring we give a sideways glance to teams that switch levels mid season. But, I'm sure there are at times justifiable circumstances for making a switch. I'm just wondering what would be deemed justifiable such that it wouldn't be considered sandbagging to switch ? Is it the timing of the switch ?

There are teams competing already with at large bids to worlds but have dropped to restricted for some recent competitions. I can understand dropping for certain reasons but when you already have an at large bid to worlds that means you have to be performing at a level to be invited to worlds then to drop to restricted there are I think 2 maybe 3 teams at NCA as restricted with at large bids already.

There are teams competing already with at large bids to worlds but have dropped to restricted for some recent competitions. I can understand dropping for certain reasons but when you already have an at large bid to worlds that means you have to be performing at a level to be invited to worlds then to drop to restricted there are I think 2 maybe 3 teams at NCA as restricted with at large bids already.
Do you know what restricted division they are in

Back