All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I understand how the divisions have been split and why. What I don't get is how they determine performance order on day 1. I know teams perform in order lowest score to highest on day 2. I have heard that day 1performance order is random, luck of the draw...... Looking at the entire schedule makes me question that!
Would love to hear some official info regarding that order or anyone else's thoughts

I could be completely wrong here, but I thought Day 1 performance order was based on date of registration??

I know Infinity Allstars Senior Black has an at-large as a Medium Coed but is in the Large Restricted Coed division

Infinity Sr black is a true restricted team. They have been since the beginning of the season. They decided to challenge their kids and go for a bid to see what they could accomplish. As far as I know they have only competed in the medium coed division 2x and all of their other competitions they have been restricted. I am no way affiliated with this gym but I do know the owners and coaches and can promise you that they would never take a true medium coed team and drop down to restricted to win. That is not how they run their program.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hmm they are large I'm not sure! I'll check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When NCA initially sent the division listings to the coaches, they had them listed under small. I noticed at Cheer Power they were listed as having 21 so I just assumed y'all were dropping a girl and going small for NCA. But either way, the team will be very successful in either division. Very good teams coming out of Stars!!

When NCA initially sent the division listings to the coaches, they had them listed under small. I noticed at Cheer Power they were listed as having 21 so I just assumed y'all were dropping a girl and going small for NCA. But either way, the team will be very successful in either division. Very good teams coming out of Stars!!
Thank you! I think what happened is we were small at the beginning of the season when we registered for NCA. We went large afterwards and they may not have realized we were still small until the lists were sent out! I know it's been a though but I don't think they wanted to kick anyone off!

Thank you! I think what happened is we were small at the beginning of the season when we registered for NCA. We went large afterwards and they may not have realized we were still small until the lists were sent out! I know it's been a though but I don't think they wanted to kick anyone off!

Well props to them for going large with 21...that's tough, but again, its a really good team so they will still do really well in large.

The decision for X5 to go Restricted in Dallas was not an easy one for the coaches or the athletes but has been nothing but good one since they did a few weeks ago.... No team is guaranteed a jacket in any division, so to say that we went restricted just to get jackets is crazy... The division has some really great teams (incidently X5 lost to Cosmic Rays, a "true" restricted team a week ago, so there goes the theory that they are an amazing restricted team)... If you go back and watch videos from when they competed as a Large Senior team, count the double fulls, kick double baskets and standing fulls they are throwing then you make the call as to whether or not they are really "a true large senior team"... At the end of the day, all they did was take the "Worlds" pressure off of the team and allowed some of our 10-11 year old junior 5 kids to compete with the "bigger" kids.. Good Luck to everyone competing and may the odds be in your favor.

And we compete against NJSE in lg restricted 5, how convenient. :eek:

This is my only beef about teams with bids (or intending on going for a bid) competing as R5 at NCA...

If the team is truly not competitive in a senior club division, WHY are you still going to worlds? For the "experience"? You can get that same "experience" at NCA in a senior club division vs. competing R5. I understand a team competing R5 because they just won't be competitive in a regular level 5 division, but to then turn around and say well we're going to worlds even though we won't be competitive is silly. Take them to the Summit. It's the same experience except in their proper division.

For us, that's a decision that will be made by the coaching staff... But when you live in a region of "worlds" teams in every corner of the State offering Suzies mom a Summit bound team when she can go an hour away and get a "worlds" bound team isn't gonna cut it....As we all know, this is a business and if you don't have a level 5 "worlds" team for Suzie then the other gyms will...

Can I just point out that we didn't take kids from Fab5 to cross to X5 to make them more "competitive", we let 10-11 years compete on the team for Dallas....lol... So, we are the crazy ones... :)

This is my only beef about teams with bids (or intending on going for a bid) competing as R5 at NCA...

If the team is truly not competitive in a senior club division, WHY are you still going to worlds? For the "experience"? You can get that same "experience" at NCA in a senior club division vs. competing R5. I understand a team competing R5 because they just won't be competitive in a regular level 5 division, but to then turn around and say well we're going to worlds even though we won't be competitive is silly. Take them to the Summit. It's the same experience except in their proper division.

I don't understand why people hate so much on teams that go to worlds for the experience. Competing at worlds with teammates have done so before, is definitely an advantage compared to a team full of worlds newbies. So maybe they're not competitive this, maybe they will be next year.

I certainly have a problem with the number of bids given to worlds (and it only continues to go up as teams flock to worlds competitions - I could look it up, but the number of bids is significantly higher this year). But I don't blame a gym for taking a team that has earned a bid, whether they're competitive in their division or not. It's just another things the kids work towards. That's an issue with the system itself

I don't understand why people hate so much on teams that go to worlds for the experience. Competing at worlds with teammates have done so before, is definitely an advantage compared to a team full of worlds newbies. So maybe they're not competitive this, maybe they will be next year.

I certainly have a problem with the number of bids given to worlds (and it only continues to go up as teams flock to worlds competitions - I could look it up, but the number of bids is significantly higher this year). But I don't blame a gym for taking a team that has earned a bid, whether they're competitive in their division or not. It's just another things the kids work towards. That's an issue with the system itself

I think the issue is more if you are good enough to win a bid to worlds should you really drop down later and compete R5.

For us, that's a decision that will be made by the coaching staff... But when you live in a region of "worlds" teams in every corner of the State offering Suzies mom a Summit bound team when she can go an hour away and get a "worlds" bound team isn't gonna cut it....As we all know, this is a business and if you don't have a level 5 "worlds" team for Suzie then the other gyms will...

Can I just point out that we didn't take kids from Fab5 to cross to X5 to make them more "competitive", we let 10-11 years compete on the team for Dallas....lol... So, we are the crazy ones... :)

As a parent...if I really want my kid to go to worlds and I can choose between Gym A right in my back yard that has a team not even competitive in a worlds division, or travel an hour down the road to Gym B that has a team(s) that are winning and making finals...I'm choosing Gym B. However, if my child is not a great level 5 cheerleader and probably wouldn't make a worlds team at Gym B, I would keep her at Gym A. But then I couldn't complain that they went to the Summit as a R5 vs. going to worlds in a senior club division. So I guess I just don't understand that philosophy.

Also, I want to point out that I don't think it's wrong that you are competing at NCA as a R5. Just that it makes no sense to me that you were ever in a worlds division to begin with if they aren't good enough to contend.

I don't "hate" on teams that go to worlds for the experience. I just don't understand it. We had a team like that last year and my daughter was asked to go with them to fill the spot of a double teamer from Obsession. It was a heck of a lot of money "for the experience" and I would NEVER do it again. I would also like to point out that while we knew that team would not be competitive in small all girl, we did not drop them to R5 at NCA because they had already received a bid to worlds prior to NCA. We as a gym did not feel that was the right thing to do.

Back