College 2014 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Proud of Davenport Univeristy for taking home their 2nd NCA title in a row!!! My former flyer and best friend made the team and will be cheering there this season, so proud of her!

ETA: quoted the wrong post?

Last edited:
Yay Bridgewater State! DIII All Girl National Champions!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
My alma mater! They have come a long way since my college days!!!

Question for the college cheer experts - why do colleges have tryouts for the following season so close to Worlds?! My CP wants to cheer in college and her top choices have tryouts the 2 weekends before Worlds which will be nearly impossible for her to attend. I would imagine most of their candidates come from all star so I would think this is a problem for many people. Any thoughts?

Question for the college cheer experts - why do colleges have tryouts for the following season so close to Worlds?! My CP wants to cheer in college and her top choices have tryouts the 2 weekends before Worlds which will be nearly impossible for her to attend. I would imagine most of their candidates come from all star so I would think this is a problem for many people. Any thoughts?

Finals start in early May I think, possibly even earlier if you're looking at schools out of the Northeast. So I think they try and get their tryouts in before finals start.

Finals start in early May I think, possibly even earlier if you're looking at schools out of the Northeast. So I think they try and get their tryouts in before finals start.
I get that it can't be later, but it would make so much more sense to have them earlier like late Fall or early Winter! It is better for the all star athletes and my CP would much rather commit to a school after she knows she will be cheering for them and not vice versa.

I get that it can't be later, but it would make so much more sense to have them earlier like late Fall or early Winter! It is better for the all star athletes and my CP would much rather commit to a school after she knows she will be cheering for them and not vice versa.
A lot of kids are still applying and waiting for acceptance at that time. Coaches can't have tryouts and then find out later half the kids didn't get accepted because then they're back at square one

That makes sense - thank you!

Yep, just like kids would rather pick their schools based on the teams they make, schools would rather pick their teams knowing the kids have committed to going there.

Also with most schools having finals early/mid may, they want tryouts to before finals (like everyone said) and they don't want tryouts in falls because most schools have summer practices, and preseason football games, and attend a camp.

A lot of times teams are restricted by facility scheduling for their tryouts so sometimes it is out of their hands too

Back