College 2015 Uca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just don't understand what happened during that last pyramid in Kentucky's routine. Did someone forget how to count to eight?

Same girl who dropped stunt wasn't ready for top flyer. Though I think she went highly early.

UCA skills are always strong, but they practice their routines in a month and their counts are never really together to me compared to NCA / Allstar cheer. UK's bucks the trend a little by having really good timing and putting together a pyramid where being off by 2 counts means it could fall. This year they were off by 2 counts.

Those cartwheels in the pyramid!!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!

And UCF had beautiful technique on their baskets! Legs straight and together, toes pointed-- that's how it should be done!

I love UCFs baskets every year. their side summi doubles are my favorite.

and honestly, this was a very unkentucky like routine... not just the pyramid. I think it was very sloppy for a UK routine. Even look at their elites, the one next to center was the one I thought was going down, and the one in the front corner almost fell too. honestly they only stayed up because the guys man handled the girls and literally just chucked them back up there, which they have that luxury since they have all itty bitty girls on the team. I have never seen UK do an elite where it was actually necessary for it to be 2 manned, which to me is not impressive. It's a coed team for a reason, not a 2 man team. I know they aren't the only ones to do it, but they never do, which is why I am pointing it out, and why I think they are lucky they still even placed top 3. I think maybe at the end of the day they were just a little too overly optimistic about some difficulty, which ultimately reflected in their placement.

One of my daughter's old all-star coaches is an assistant coach at UCF, he has been there a couple of years. Great coach that my daughter credits a lot of things to :) I was happy to see them do well, since she also goes to school there.

Same girl who dropped stunt wasn't ready for top flyer. Though I think she went highly early.

UCA skills are always strong, but they practice their routines in a month and their counts are never really together to me compared to NCA / Allstar cheer. UK's bucks the trend a little by having really good timing and putting together a pyramid where being off by 2 counts means it could fall. This year they were off by 2 counts.

Good point, King. NCA squads have several months to prepare for a routine compared to UCA squads since the NCA nationals isn't until April.

Try going to the bottom of the page to competition videos and UCA2015

Never mind it's not there
For some reason they are there so just click the "UCA nationals coverage" image on the home page!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back