High School 2016-17 High School New Uniforms/ Trends

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My girls just got their new basketball season uniforms from Varsity as part of a package that also came with a long-sleeved competition top. I can't wait to show everyone the competition uniforms (I think they look great), but here's my gorgeous girls in the basketball one (sorry if they look sweaty, here in AZ it may be the end of October but it's still high 90s in the afternoon haha).

Not my absolute favorite, but considering we essentially got this shell for free with the package, I'll take it!

Those are gonna look super clean with the long sleeve. I really think the gray is one of the best things to happen to HS uniforms.

Practice wear question for those who order Varsity apparel: do you order their knit shorts, or soffe shorts? And how does the quality compare between the two brands? Also is having to file paperwork for 2 different vendors (or more, if you use another brand for shirts) much of a hassle?

Practice wear question for those who order Varsity apparel: do you order their knit shorts, or soffe shorts? And how does the quality compare between the two brands? Also is having to file paperwork for 2 different vendors (or more, if you use another brand for shirts) much of a hassle?
CP prefers the fit of the soffee ones, and I think they wash better. I can't help you as far as ordering.

Never worn out shorts because they don't make em in my size lolol

But I can give you a heads up on vendors, its all about how organized they are. If they handle billing and delivery quickly and efficiently, then working with two is no problem. Most people prefer to go with one due to discounts and easy processes

Do you guys buy them directly from Soffe, or through a cheer vendor?

I can give you a completely different alternative. We use soffee shorts and we just tell the girls what colors they need to be and let them get them wherever they want.

Our cheer accessories (poms, warm-ups, bows, etc) is all done online through team cheer. We set up our team's "shop" and they go through and buy what they need and have shipped directly to them. It saves us from having to deal with billings and paperwork since we aren't used as a go between. Soffee shorts are available through them, and we do leave as option in our store, but most girls just got theirs at our local department store.

I can't speak for varsity shorts. We use soffe brand and get them from Omni Cheer (cheapest I've found.) I did have a pair when I cheered FOREVER ago, and they were exactly like soffes but I don't know if its the same or not still. We use boxercraft shorts for the "running" style thats so popular.

As for paperwork, I imagine that depends on the school. I do so many purchase orders that it's just another one of many and isn't any extra hassle really. My school doesn't limit or have crazy restrictions on them.

My babies got their new uniforms today and we are obsessed! They looked really incredibly clean on the mat and were super comfy for the girls (MotionFLEX), so it was a win-win all around.

Love these! The gray makes the red look even bolder, especially in the arms.

@AScheer I agree, I'd probably use OmniCheer for the price.

My babies got their new uniforms today and we are obsessed! They looked really incredibly clean on the mat and were super comfy for the girls (MotionFLEX), so it was a win-win all around.

The gay in me loves a GK uni that's blinged out and fierce as much as the next guy, but I LOVE these. Clean, athletic, classic, all words that lend themselves to the uniforms being wearable for many seasons.

That being said, you are a brave coach for getting white Unis. I had them one year for all star and couldn't imagine having to wear my white uni for multiple seasons outside and inside

The gay in me loves a GK uni that's blinged out and fierce as much as the next guy, but I LOVE these. Clean, athletic, classic, all words that lend themselves to the uniforms being wearable for many seasons.

That being said, you are a brave coach for getting white Unis. I had them one year for all star and couldn't imagine having to wear my white uni for multiple seasons outside and inside

I was terrified at first, but we are only using them for competitions so I feel like they´ll be fine for a few years. Definitely will not be wearing them to school or on the track - they´re way to expensive for that haha. But yes I love how clean and simple they are too, and they look great on the floor.

Back