High School 2016-17 High School New Uniforms/ Trends

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Those of you with white dry tech/flex fit/NOT poly uniforms... Are they a nightmare? They feel like a nightmare but I'm sooooooo tempted.
We did white motion flex one season... NEVER AGAIN! Nightmare is an accurate description.

Thanks guys! We wear Nfinity spandex with our uniforms right now for comps so I just figured they'd wear those or Nikes but I can see how the admin/fans might not be comfortable with that-- def not a big deal to wear soffees!
Our administration and crowd would definitely have comments on nike pros. We had campwear a few seasons ago that were spandex shorts (not nike/cheaper but the same) and we were told we couldn't wear them on school property while others are present. So if we were at the cheer gym or if we were practicing on weekends or holidays it was ok, but if it was a normal school day, they couldn't wear pros or similar. Definitely get the ok before spending the money!

Another option are skorts. They make a soffee-type knit skort that you could pair with a tank or tee. They're pretty cheap and could offer a more game day look.

Question: what do you guys think about wearing a cheer t-shirt and nike pros for football games? I feel like it will be fine considering a few reasons:

Just looking for some opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our girls cheered in shorts and t shirts for a pink out game and I was so bothered by it. I cringed the whole time. It just didn't look clean or football season-y. It didn't look like a real game...it felt like a scrimmage or jamboree

And they were in a perfectly cute outfit from camp

Question: what do you guys think about wearing a cheer t-shirt and nike pros for football games? I feel like it will be fine considering a few reasons:
Our girls 1. Don't like cheering sideline anyways- aka they'll probably stunt/tumble the majority of the time anyway
2. Our uniforms are very tight !and short- can't afford new/more appropriate ones
3. May want to take more girls onto our team next year than we have uniforms (we only have 15 unis)
4. Were in Michigan so it would honestly only be a few games before we started wearing our warmups.

Just looking for some opinions!

You could probably find uniforms for the same price as shorts and tshirts to be honest... what are your colors?

You could probably find uniforms for the same price as shorts and tshirts to be honest... what are your colors?
We're red and black! We were just going to use a camp outfit so the girls didn't have to buy anything extra.
Somewhere we have really nice uniforms that were actually meant for football season but the person in charge of them last year lost about 1/2 of them :(

We're red and black! We were just going to use a camp outfit so the girls didn't have to buy anything extra.
Somewhere we have really nice uniforms that were actually meant for football season but the person in charge of them last year lost about 1/2 of them :(
Varsity (and I'm sure other campwear companies) have some camp options that could double as gameday options. That could be worth looking into depending on budget.

This might be a little extra... but maybe skorts, and a lycra tank? Possibly with a solid mock turtleneck bodyliner if you have one. Red skorts and tank, black bodyliner.

And wow, he/she lost half of your uniforms? That's insane.

Last edited:
Go with a Varsity "Stunt" uniform - more cost effective and still looks professional. They have skorts to pair with. July in brief - we did this for a Pink outfit and it was perfect.

GK has stock uniforms in red and black that are probably the same cost as camp wear. I know my tiny uniforms from them were around $50.

My high school team is getting a new uniform :)
Weve started the design process -- just hoping that the AD approves it

We had to pick from the all star prep catalog and I don't know how crazy he'll be about cutouts but it is the only one we could find under budget :/

We had to pick from the all star prep catalog and I don't know how crazy he'll be about cutouts but it is the only one we could find under budget :/

How much are uniforms in the prep catalog? I always forget that exists haha

Bolded part. I see this a lot. Do most people have to get AD approval? We have never had to have approval on uniforms. We get what we want, when we want. AD isn't involved. I thought this was the norm, but I feel like I see this comment quite often on here and now I'm wondering if we in fact are not the norm.

Bolded part. I see this a lot. Do most people have to get AD approval? We have never had to have approval on uniforms. We get what we want, when we want. AD isn't involved. I thought this was the norm, but I feel like I see this comment quite often on here and now I'm wondering if we in fact are not the norm.

It may be dependent on the AD. I know at my school we aren't even allowed to buy new uniforms without his approval, even if we fundraise for them ourselves. Once he approves us getting new uniforms, we have to get the actual uniform approved by him. He shot down our most recent one because it had the skirt slit -_-

I have never needed AD approval.

It's a uniform.

There is nothing to approve/deny.

Unless I had the Cheer Savannah French maid uni in mind or something.

Latest posts

Back