All-Star 2016-2017 Cheer Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ORANGE
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

STEEL
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

CS GREAT WHITE

might i say... i'm in LOVE w/ Steel and Cheetah's music. those are my two favorite mixes so far. i can't wait to see Steel actually compete to it.

So, at the risk of asking a redundant question, the last two smaller, regional comps we went to had some teams with music that is like what was previously allowed...lots of current pop music spliced together. I thought this was a no-no now. Anyone able to clarify why that was okay?

So, at the risk of asking a redundant question, the last two smaller, regional comps we went to had some teams with music that is like what was previously allowed...lots of current pop music spliced together. I thought this was a no-no now. Anyone able to clarify why that was okay?
were they covers? If not I don't think it was okay..

I know our local competitions are not following the guidelines/rules this year, unless you're a Worlds team, of course. We're also in Canada and never televised, so I think they're not as concerned about the issue yet. I think the plan is to bring it in next season.

On a different note, our school music has regular songs in it, and there was an option during payment to pay extra and get a certificate for the copyright license to the music. I'm assuming they have bought the rights to certain songs that they can now include? Not sure, since I didn't look into it as we didn't need it.

I figured it was something like that. They did that with unis last year, too.
Thank you!

At our competition last weekend I questioned the judges about this and they said that they are giving all the teams warnings and a grace period until December. I just feel like if I'm doing everything on the up and up then the teams that aren't following the rules should be penalized!

They didn't sound like it.

A lot of the covers on unleashthebeats sound like the originals. And once they are mixed and backbeats are added, etc., I'm not sure that you could tell the difference from the original in a couple of 8 counts - and they ARE legal. (Mind you not all of the covers are that good...)

We finally got our music this week (our first comp WAS scheduled for this weekend but cancelled due to the wildfires in TN). Ours has lots of popular songs but sound like they are all covers.

We had a client that we used covers for and their routines got flagged for "illegal" music. We provided all the licenses when we sent her the mixes and told her to print them out. All of her teams would have been disqualified but she showed them the paper work (licenses) and they checked every single song!!!! I didn't ask what competition, but it was for All-Star cheer competition. Needless to say....they won everything, and we viewed the incident as a huge compliment. :) If gyms are having to fork up a ton of money for covers to compete legally, I believe you should be disqualified if you don't have the legal mixes. Its called follow the rules 101. You don't follow rules, you get penalized. Either you strictly enforce it the first year (no grace period) or don't enforce it. My opinion.

Back