High School 2016-2017 Hs Competition Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Radford HS out of HI.

They have done very well at NCA in the past. Always impressed by small teams still managing to be creative at the HS level.

Is it legal to assist in a backless shoulder stand in HS?

Also I saw this in the related videos and love the level/formation changes.

5x state champion (large coed) in Oklahoma.

Broken Arrow

I've never heard of this school until this past holiday season and now they're everywhere! I saw their band (who is equally as impressive and amazing) at Disney over Christmas, then at the Rose parade on new years, then the cheerleaders were at UCA, and now this video. Where did this school come from OR what rock have I lived under lol?! Very impressed, especially since they just went to UCA nationals, and obviously either have more than one squad or are just beast enough to simultaneously run and practice two separate style routines!

Can we all agree what they did with the signs and tucks at the beginning was pretty awesome?
I love this, but I think Blackman HS Coed has been doing this for almost a decade. Not sure if they were the first or not, but such a cool idea to whoever originally thought it up!

I coach Mercy - thanks! Kenny Feeley was a blessing when we were struggling on high to highs!

Pikeville was INCREDIBLE! The full up single based stunts, the double around in the pyramid & the front flip were just a few of the things that made my jaw drop!

We don't compete in the UCA circuit (we attend NCA Nationals in Dallas) & we lost a super talented athlete on Wednesday to a concussion, so we were very pleased to place where we did with the amazing teams in the large division!

Hey! Do you have a close up video of the full around or could you explain it? My kids are really struggling with full around right now and I want to give it a try!

Hey! Do you have a close up video of the full around or could you explain it? My kids are really struggling with full around right now and I want to give it a try!

It's involves a bunch of awkward grips. Sort of turns into a "cross leg" version of a high to high. My kids didn't find it to be any easier than the traditional version. The competition video is available on YouTube. That's where I pirated my video of their grips

It's involves a bunch of awkward grips. Sort of turns into a "cross leg" version of a high to high. My kids didn't find it to be any easier than the traditional version. The competition video is available on YouTube. That's where I pirated my video of their grips

Can you link it? I tried looking up Mercy Academy Cheer but couldn't find a video newer than 2 years

Can you link it? I tried looking up Mercy Academy Cheer but couldn't find a video newer than 2 years

its a video of the KHSAA state competition from 2016. It'll have 10-15 teams you have to watch in order to find them.

ETA: YouTube, the video of "small medium large" divisions and they are exactly 1-hour in

its a video of the KHSAA state competition from 2016. It'll have 10-15 teams you have to watch in order to find them.

ETA: YouTube, the video of "small medium large" divisions and they are exactly 1-hour in

Thank you so much! We're going to try it but you're right the grips are a little clustered. Idk if my groups with bigger flyers would be able to hold the extension like that, but we'll see. I'm stating to lean towards just continuing to work on the full around we've been doing.

Thank you so much! We're going to try it but you're right the grips are a little clustered. Idk if my groups with bigger flyers would be able to hold the extension like that, but we'll see. I'm stating to lean towards just continuing to work on the full around we've been doing.
We tried this version back when the Rosarios first put it out there. I agree, in my opinion, our few attempts weren't any easier. The grips were clumsy and anyone with a larger flyer struggled to hold the extension. I think with the right type of group it is definitely easier, but isn't something you can easily hide or make fit into fast counts.

I believe NLHS's Instagram (@nlhscheer) has a high-to-high full around video as well.

Latest posts

Back