High School 2016-2017 Hs Competition Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Um did I just watch a tuck, hand, tuck, tuck, tuck, tuck, tuck on a gym floor?

West Virginia, aka the back tuck capital of the world.

Um did I just watch a tuck, hand, tuck, tuck, tuck, tuck, tuck on a gym floor?

West Virginia, aka the back tuck capital of the world.

I think the highest tumbling they can do on the hard floor is a tuck. Hence every pass being a tuck combo or rebound tuck!

I have to ask, what is the reasoning behind the hard floor? Anyone know what the thought process was behind that?
What I've heard (no connections so I could be wrong) is that it's a financial, practical reasoning. Schools don't come equipped with cheer mats, they all come with a gym floor. It evens the playing field when all teams have equal access / opportunity to a gym floor, but not all schools have mats. Kind of along the same lines of why schools supposedly don't use spring floors.

Now again, what I've heard. Not what I think or agree with.

State was this past weekend in Illinois. I can't believe how intense these teams have gotten in the past few years. It's even more impressive when you consider that in Illinois you're not allowed to cheer for high school and all star at the same time. So proud of the talent here!
This was 1st place for Large Varsity:

and Coed:

The ride on the boys toe touch basket on Lincoln was EVERYTHING. That was textbook basics and I am here for it.

Unfortunately we placed 6th at our District competition when we needed 4th to advance to Regionals with some tough competition. On a positive note: we are so proud of all three routines! Round 3 was actually the 4th highest scoring, which is really cool to know, I was so pumped! We cannot wait for next season already!!!! For whatever reason I can't post all of the rounds so here's the third :)

Unfortunately we placed 6th at our District competition when we needed 4th to advance to Regionals with some tough competition. On a positive note: we are so proud of all three routines! Round 3 was actually the 4th highest scoring, which is really cool to know, I was so pumped! We cannot wait for next season already!!!! For whatever reason I can't post all of the rounds so here's the third :)

This looks so good! It's really hard to choreograph a team this small and you did such a good job!

Very clean running tumbling!

Very clean running tumbling!
Thank you, the girls love it!!! And our tumbling coach is FAB.

P.S. there were lots of close to perfect scores this week if you're looking to see some cool MI teams! Rochester is last year's D1 state champ & they have the highest round 3 score in the state right now- 320.7/324. Check out Gibraltar Carlson, Notre Dame Prep (our tumbling instructor works with both of them so they have awesome skills too), Richmond, Grandville, and Sterling Heights Stevenson! Those are some of my favs every year.

The tumbling timing is the best part, but do you guys have "counts" to the routine or do the words of the cheer serve as the counts?

I can't speak for Rochester but we do both! Sometimes we will stunt/cradle/begin tumbling/clap/whatever on a word or a count, it just depends. For example our round starts with "back in black *side base walks away 123456* going for gold *cradle 1234567" success is our blah blah blah"

Round 2 is the only round you can receive a penalty for audibly counting. Everyone needs to be doing the same motion/movement/skill in unison here.

Back