All-Star 2016-2017 Practicewear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Exactly. I can honestly say as a AS first timer last year that was the hardest pill for me to swallow. It was like $$$ for "pratice wear"? Seriously? But they are just practicing? and Why does practice wear need "crystals?" ROFL I can chuckle about it now but at the time I was in shock.:jawdrop:

CP has to have a class uniform for dance as well, Leo, tights, shorts for some classes , skirt for another. It costs twice what our cheer practice wear does easily, then tights have to be replaced at least a couple times a year, 2 pair at $15 each. I easily spend $100 a year on tights alone between classes and performances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many gyms don't allow half tops. Our entire gym practices in sublimated tanks and shorts. Everyone must have a shirt on in the gym. No half tops, no spaghetti straps without a sports bra under.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do your senior teams wear full tops as well?

Everyone, uniforms and practice wear. There are several gyms I know of who compete half tops but don't practice in them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least they are consistent. It would be strange if they allowed them in uniforms but not practice wear. Almost all of our practice wear is sports bras but there is a full tank option for several of them.

At least they are consistent. It would be strange if they allowed them in uniforms but not practice wear. Almost all of our practice wear is sports bras but there is a full tank option for several of them.

I believe Stingrays used to be like this before the half top rule.

In my mind, there is NO REASON practice wear needs crystals. You are not performing in your practice wear. And above all else, stones HURT. I have been so cut up from stunting (mainly catches) when we have had worlds practice wear all blinged out. I cant imagine training in that full year. With that though, I can sort of understand bling on worlds wear, as your practices do turn into performances. But if I'm required to wear that crap all year, I want it to be the comfiest stuff around!

Out of curiosity what is the justification behind not being allowed to train in just a crop top? I'm an open athlete from Australia and in summer i can't even make it through warm up without sweating through my shirt, I would struggle if I didn't have to option to take it off.

Out of curiosity what is the justification behind not being allowed to train in just a crop top? I'm an open athlete from Australia and in summer i can't even make it through warm up without sweating through my shirt, I would struggle if I didn't have to option to take it off.

even in canada as soon as summer rolls around I don't even bother trying to wear a shirt at practice! I've never understood why gyms have that rule, even when I was at a gym that made us wear shirts they never explained why. I assume it's because some people think it's inappropriate (which is ridiculous if you ask me) to practice in a sports bra.

The only times I have ever asked a girl to put on a shirt is for safety purposes. When the girls sweat they become slippery and that is dangerous in stunting as well as when I am spotting tumbling, the shirt just creates a barrier and gives me something to hold on to or catch if things go awry lol. IMO The excuse for modesty just further encourages a misogynistic culture.

The only times I have ever asked a girl to put on a shirt is for safety purposes. When the girls sweat they become slippery and that is dangerous in stunting as well as when I am spotting tumbling, the shirt just creates a barrier and gives me something to hold on to or catch if things go awry lol. IMO The excuse for modesty just further encourages a misogynistic culture.
PREACH!!!

Yeah I always put a shirt on for tumble spotting, for safety and because I wouldn't want to spot someone as sweaty as me!

even in canada as soon as summer rolls around I don't even bother trying to wear a shirt at practice! I've never understood why gyms have that rule, even when I was at a gym that made us wear shirts they never explained why. I assume it's because some people think it's inappropriate (which is ridiculous if you ask me) to practice in a sports bra.
I've definitely seen both sides of it. I routinely practiced in a sports bra in all star and during pro tryouts, but I've also had stunt partners accidentally pull my bra up or down while catching me so... I'd be okay with a bit of modesty as opposed to exposing my chest to the whole team.

Back