All-Star 2016-2017 Practicewear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We a getting a new one made by a local company. It is black with pink and red tie dye, very cute! Can't wait to see the final result!

Obvious maximum support issues aside, I love these.

*I'm a guy so admittedly I know diddly squat about support but I'd assume this would have just as much support as most other cheer sports bra, what makes you disagree?

Also I have every intention of going sweetheart mesh like the rest of industry for next seasons practice wear lol.

*I'm a guy so admittedly I know diddly squat about support but I'd assume this would have just as much support as most other cheer sports bra, what makes you disagree?

Also I have every intention of going sweetheart mesh like the rest of industry for next seasons practice wear lol.
Granted, I'm only going off pictures but I have a bra with a similar back and it was marketed as "minimum impact/yoga". Not sure how much gravity defying those three straps can do whilst in a high impact sport. But yes, they do look more supportive than the flimsy spaghetti strap designs we have seen!! Very glad we're moving away from that trend.

Last edited:
All these tops resemble those 'minimum impact', 'fashion' bras that you see at lululemon. That is to say, they're super pretty, but unless you have boobs the size of silver dollars, you wouldn't wear them for any activity other than yoga.
Cp said it seems fine. I'll keep you posted.

Strap configuration. Anything that doesn't go straight over the shoulder compromises support to some dregree. That thing with be no good to anyone over a B cup as far as actual support. A uniform with that neckline is one thing, but practicecwear for a full season, no. If you are willing to have them wear another bra underneath that will show, I think it would be fine, but I wouldn't want my kid forced to wear just that bra for a whole season.

I can't see how they'd be any less supportive than a standard racerback sports bra. support depends way more on the material (thickness, stretch, etc...) then how the straps are arranged. as much as people on here love to judge a book by it's cover (or a bra by its straps lol), the only way to know if a sports bra is supportive is to try it on.

Back