All-Star 2016-2017 Summit And D2 Summit Bid Event Listing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2016
Varsity has posted the bid events for 2016-2017, you can find them here
Varsity All Star Post Season Events

The big things I noticed D2 full paid, D2 wild card, Way more D2 bids and a couple rule changes:
1. If you qualify with a certain # you can not add to a team even if it keeps you in the same division, you can also only replace 25% of your roster from the day you qualified to the Summit.
2. D2 gyms must be single location only, no more smaller locations of larger gyms.
3. Bids will no longer be passed down when a team declines or upgrades
4. Once your team earns a bid for D2 Summit or the Summit, they MUST stay with that specific track to earn a higher bid throughout he reminder of the season

some really good rule changes for both D1 and D2 Summit! I am unclear on the wording of single location for D2. I don't know that it means large gyms can't have a D2 location as described by @2cheer1here, but it is all a step in the right direction!

I guess this means the days of "summit tryouts" where gyms redo the majority of a team will be no longer. Awesome sauce!

How does that rule work at, say, Worlds? Do you have to declare who each athlete is on the team once you accept the bid? I assume it would work the same with Summit.

I guess this means the days of "summit tryouts" where gyms redo the majority of a team will be no longer. Awesome sauce!

How does that rule work at, say, Worlds? Do you have to declare who each athlete is on the team once you accept the bid? I assume it would work the same with Summit.

I believe the substitution rule for Worlds is:

Small Team 6
Medium Team 8
Large Team 10

So slightly over 25%

The team that competes on Day 1 of the competition is the "roster" for the team in the event they earn a bid. There are rules on the number of athletes that can be subbed on a bid seeking team at a qualifying event as well. The subs that compete on day 2 are considered eligible substitutions for the team at worlds but they are not on the initial roster.

Very happy with the 25% rule. I was getting really sick of the Summit re-tryouts.

Not a fan of the automatic 3 advancing. I thought the way they had it this year was good with the winner straight to finals and 2nd place to semis. Adding 2 to finals is a bit much in my opinion unless the division has an enormous amount of wildcard teams but even then I think they should only advance more to semis.

Varsity has posted the bid events for 2016-2017, you can find them here
Varsity All Star Post Season Events

The big things I noticed D2 full paid, D2 wild card, Way more D2 bids and a couple rule changes:
1. If you qualify with a certain # you can not add to a team even if it keeps you in the same division, you can also only replace 25% of your roster from the day you qualified to the Summit.
2. D2 gyms must be single location only, no more smaller locations of larger gyms.
3. Bids will no longer be passed down when a team declines or upgrades
4. Once your team earns a bid for D2 Summit or the Summit, they MUST stay with that specific track to earn a higher bid throughout he reminder of the season

:shimmy:

I wonder how the roster change will impact the teams that have deferred summit bids to use for the 2016-2017 season, especially for the senior teams. Although it may only impact the teams with bids from Sea to Sky...

I don't think bids should be deferred. I also think bid awarding comps should be completed 4 weeks before the event (I could see 3 weeks if the comp was near Orlando). There are a lot of logistics for families and gyms to plan a trip to Summit.

I also agree with the previous statement that the number of wc's advancing should be dependent on the number of wc teams in the div. Some wc divs had 20+ teams. I'm glad that more than 2 are moving on now, but a div of 3 should not have everyone automatically move on.

It seems like the wc winners were treated better than the paid bid winners. Paid bids were randomly lumped in with the at large winners in semis and the wc winners got to perform last in both semis and finals.

Northern California is getting a second bid competition next season! America's Best in Sacramento, never heard of them before and it's in April, but at least it is something other than San Jose.

Very happy with the 25% rule. I was getting really sick of the Summit re-tryouts.

Not a fan of the automatic 3 advancing. I thought the way they had it this year was good with the winner straight to finals and 2nd place to semis. Adding 2 to finals is a bit much in my opinion unless the division has an enormous amount of wildcard teams but even then I think they should only advance more to semis.

I too am not a fan of all 3 teams advancing. I think if a division has less than 5 then at the very least they should have to carry their scores over to the next the day. It is extremely unfair for a team to practice 2x on a Summit stage (WC, Semi) to prepare for the Finals on Sunday, while AT-Large and Paid teams get one shot (Saturday) to advance.

So as rule 2 reads. The small locations of say rockstar or CEA or umm any other no longer qualify as d2 even under a different tax Id??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definition of multiple location:

Share a tax ID

Share an owner

Have a franchising/liscening agreement with another gym

Have similar enough name OR branding it would confuse the consumer as to being part of a bigger gym

Share family plan or use multiple locations to meet family plan

If there is any possible confusion it is on the owners of the locations to prove to Varsity and the customers they are not a multi-location gym.

Back