OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

cheerKT

Best Overall Poster
Dec 13, 2009
I know we have the Artistic Gymnastics thread but I thought we could use this to discuss all other Olympic sports. Qualifiers for a bunch of stuff are well underway!

Anyone watching US swimming trials? I'm really surprised Lochte didn't qualify for the 400IM. He's the reigning gold medalist there. He blamed a groin injury but who knows. Also, Michael Phelps cut over a second off his prelim 200 fly time from 2012, so that's pretty interesting.

Also, Katie Ledecky is fast. Like, really fast.

groin injury and trying to do breaststroke is just incredibly painful btdt. I think that combined with going out too fast on fly and back did him in. (He says he went out fast because he knew that the groin would really bother him on breast but I think he exhausted himself as well)

I'm just interested in seeing the trainwreck that is the city of Rio. Something bad is bound to happen during the olympics.

I was really interested in seeing Mattie Rogers, former Cheer Corp/BSB athlete, go for weightlifting :( sadly, she didn't qualify but I feel like this won't be her last chance at going to the Olympics.

Watched the live feed from swimming today. I'm not saying anything ;) And I'm lucky to be old enough that I was able to go watch the Olympics in 84.

I saw the US medal podium outfits today, not sure if that's the right word, but they look awesome!!! I love the Olympics and I'm so excited to watch and see how everything plays out.

Also, the USA has some very attractive swimmers haha

I was really interested in seeing Mattie Rogers, former Cheer Corp/BSB athlete, go for weightlifting :( sadly, she didn't qualify but I feel like this won't be her last chance at going to the Olympics.

Aww this makes me so sad! I follow her on Instagram and thought it was so cool that she had the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So happy for all these new faces qualifying for US Swimming, but not sure what's up with the returners. Hopefully they can pull it together. Missy Franklin is struggling. Lochte qualified, but only for the relay. He's still looking for his first individual event. (Pulling for him because he cracks me up and he trains in CLT now, I saw him on the interstate the other day lol)

Phelps cut over a second off his 200 fly prelim time from 2012, though. Can't wait to see him (hopefully) punch his ticket tomorrow night!

I must admit, I like this Michael Phelps and role he has taken with these new upcomers... Fatherhood have made a significant difference in this young man life...

Back