High School 2017-18 High School New Uniforms/ Trends

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 18, 2016
I really like looking at high school uniforms, so I wanted to start up the thread for the new year ASAP. I know some teams are already putting their orders in (my own included) and would love to see what everyone comes up with!

We're looking into maybe getting new unis, what is the least expensive uniform option?

If your school is Title I, I actually recommend using Varsity. 10% off all purchases plus free shipping, and the quality is great. You can get one of their cheap 'uniform packages', and with the discount it comes out to be about the same price as cheaper vendors. I got brand new football uniforms (custom shell and skirt) for under $100 a uniform with them.

If you aren't Title I, GTM is probably your best option in terms of quality and price. I've used both Varsity and GTM during my time coaching, and while GTM is clearly a cheaper-made uniform up close, it looks just as good on the field/competition mat as a Varsity uniform and comes at a cheaper price.

I'd definitely avoid Chasse - the uniforms get ripped quickly and the colors don't match up very well with what other uniform companies use.

I've heard good things about Underarmour and GK, but I have no idea the pricing for either. Rebel has awesome designs, but they're by far the most expensive so I'd avoid them.

I know there's other companies out there but these are the only ones I'm familiar with, if other people can weigh in you'll probably get a more rounded opinion.

GK is pretty much whatever you want within your budget. We are in custom GK this year and I cannot wait to see them in my team.

UA is reasonable as well. Depends on if you need a liner and shell or just one, but a uniform is only like $150.

Depending on the style you choose. GTM is often MUCH cheaper than Varsity. We have gotten GTM as cheap as $50 a uniform. Varsity is a little flashier, but GTM is a solid basic uniform that will hold up well.

ETA: check with your district first though, ours has signed to exclusively use Varsity
now.

We held out on new unis this season (and hopefully not also next season), but hope to get some nice new clean lines and replace some of the bad designs of years past

If your school is Title I, I actually recommend using Varsity. 10% off all purchases plus free shipping, and the quality is great. You can get one of their cheap 'uniform packages', and with the discount it comes out to be about the same price as cheaper vendors. I got brand new football uniforms (custom shell and skirt) for under $100 a uniform with them.

If you aren't Title I, GTM is probably your best option in terms of quality and price. I've used both Varsity and GTM during my time coaching, and while GTM is clearly a cheaper-made uniform up close, it looks just as good on the field/competition mat as a Varsity uniform and comes at a cheaper price.

I'd definitely avoid Chasse - the uniforms get ripped quickly and the colors don't match up very well with what other uniform companies use.

I've heard good things about Underarmour and GK, but I have no idea the pricing for either. Rebel has awesome designs, but they're by far the most expensive so I'd avoid them.

I know there's other companies out there but these are the only ones I'm familiar with, if other people can weigh in you'll probably get a more rounded opinion.

I'll look into GTM and I could contact a varsity rep too and see if I can get a quote if nothing else lol
Why do HS uniforms still use a shell and a liner? Is there some benefit to that over just a long sleeve uniform top?

I'll look into GTM and I could contact a varsity rep too and see if I can get a quote if nothing else lol
Why do HS uniforms still use a shell and a liner? Is there some benefit to that over just a long sleeve uniform top?

A lot of teams use a shell and liner because football season starts in the end of August and goes until November for some. In August a long sleeve is not realistic and in November short sleeve isn't. I think the shell/liner combo is cheaper for teams than having two seperate uniforms/tops.

A lot of teams use a shell and liner because football season starts in the end of August and goes until November for some. In August a long sleeve is not realistic and in November short sleeve isn't. I think the shell/liner combo is cheaper for teams than having two seperate uniforms/tops.

This is us. Miserable hot for our Saturday afternoon August/September games. Miserable cold for our Friday night late October/November games.

We wear the shell by itself early season and add the liner mid-season and the fleece warm-ups late season.

We got uniforms from Varsity for under 100 for our Jv. Girls purchase their own motion flex
Liners which are around 35 I believe? What saves money from Varsity is one large letter as opposed to spelling out the school or mascot. Personally I like the clean look of one letter and it saves you a ton. Two or three letters may work better depending on school/mascot etc. Our altheltic director requested we spell out our school name on our varsity teams new uniforms (which I ended up loving as well) but they were a lot more expensive!

Personally we have an awesome rep who is extremely attentive and quickly fixes any problems we have!

We got uniforms from Varsity for under 100 for our Jv. Girls purchase their own motion flex
Liners which are around 35 I believe? What saves money from Varsity is one large letter as opposed to spelling out the school or mascot. Personally I like the clean look of one letter and it saves you a ton. Two or three letters may work better depending on school/mascot etc. Our altheltic director requested we spell out our school name on our varsity teams new uniforms (which I ended up loving as well) but they were a lot more expensive!

Personally we have an awesome rep who is extremely attentive and quickly fixes any problems we have!

We have the best rep here too! She is 100% on point, we are very thankful.

What @mncheerqueen said, plus we make the girls buy their body liners and then the program "rents" the shells to the girls for the season to cut down on wear and tear.

The whole idea of unifrom rental, ect just blows my mind because it isn't a thing around here. Everyone pay s for all their own stuff. Most sports are the same, with players buying their own equipment. The exception being some team's jerseys and football helmets because they must be certified. Everyone pays a fee to play sports.
Total cost for Varsity cheer at my school this year was right at $2100 for new girls. It included
3 uniforms (3 shells, 3 skirts, 2 liners, 2 bloomers)
warmup
2 sets of poms
megaphone
shoes
socks, ribbons, ect
3 night 4 day summer camp
6 summer tumbling sessions

JV is not tumbling and has one less uniform so it was closer to $1600
Uniforms rotate on a 3 year cycle, so a second year JV girl will already have 1 of the 2 uniforms and a second year varsity 2 of the 3 so returning costs aren't as high.
This is pretty standard for the 7 high schools in our district, and for the surrounding districts. I don't know of any high school in the area where cheer costs less than $1000. CP's middle school was $860 this year, and they do a home camp.

I don't know why they need so many uniforms but its what everyone around here does. Middle schools always have 2. Most JV teams have 3, varsity 3 or 4. Our sponsor cut JV back to 2 last year and there was an uproar about it.

When I coached CP in elementary school it cost us right at $100 to outfit them with shell, skirt, bloomers, shoes, socks, bow, and poms via GTM.

The whole idea of unifrom rental, ect just blows my mind because it isn't a thing around here. Everyone pay s for all their own stuff. Most sports are the same, with players buying their own equipment. The exception being some team's jerseys and football helmets because they must be certified. Everyone pays a fee to play sports.
Total cost for Varsity cheer at my school this year was right at $2100 for new girls. It included
3 uniforms (3 shells, 3 skirts, 2 liners, 2 bloomers)
warmup
2 sets of poms
megaphone
shoes
socks, ribbons, ect
3 night 4 day summer camp
6 summer tumbling sessions

JV is not tumbling and has one less uniform so it was closer to $1600
Uniforms rotate on a 3 year cycle, so a second year JV girl will already have 1 of the 2 uniforms and a second year varsity 2 of the 3 so returning costs aren't as high.
This is pretty standard for the 7 high schools in our district, and for the surrounding districts. I don't know of any high school in the area where cheer costs less than $1000. CP's middle school was $860 this year, and they do a home camp.

I don't know why they need so many uniforms but its what everyone around here does. Middle schools always have 2. Most JV teams have 3, varsity 3 or 4. Our sponsor cut JV back to 2 last year and there was an uproar about it.

When I coached CP in elementary school it cost us right at $100 to outfit them with shell, skirt, bloomers, shoes, socks, bow, and poms via GTM.

WOW!! That's a lot for HS/MS. I though $500 for MS was craziness and they dont do camps, or tumbling sessions and this is for 1 uniform, bow and warm-up. They don't get to keep uniform. I was told $500 was for uniform rental, bows, warm up and music & Choreo.

WOW!! That's a lot for HS/MS. I though $500 for MS was craziness and they dont do camps, or tumbling sessions and this is for 1 uniform, bow and warm-up. They don't get to keep uniform. I was told $500 was for uniform rental, bows, warm up and music & Choreo.
IMO, that is a little high, unless they are getting some kind of super amazing warmup, or having multiple routines choreographed. There isn't even a pair of shoes in there. Did you get price breakdown as to ho much went to what?

I would think warmup would be $100-150
bows anywhere from $20-50 (depending on what you are doing)
Choero and music here would be about $500 total for home pom and one routine, divided among 10 girls is $50 each, A smaller squad would be closer to $75
Going with the high estimates that is $275, so they are charging $225 to rent a uniform?? You can buy one with all the bells and whistles for that. Even if choreo costs are higher, it still doesn't add up.

Back