High School 2017-18 High School New Uniforms/ Trends

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you have access to a full floor, say weekly...

Get some extra Velcro strips and strip your four mats across the seams. That will give you 7 panels in a line-panel format.

Run your routine "full out minus tumbling," just knowing there will be formations that need work on the days you have full floor.

Place a heavy emphasis every day on controlling the controllables.

You can't control the number of mats you have, but you can control if:

The kids understand that you're practicing on "seven panels" when in fact there are 9.

The kids understand the necessity of conditioning that is above and beyond the norm.

The kids focus on what we have versus what we have not.
This exactly. I coached competitive middle school for two years with 4 mats (5 after I "borrowed" one from the neighboring high school). We booked 3-4 sessions at an all star gym during the month leading up to competition to and everything worked out fine. As long as they have a few opportunities to get the feel for a full floor, the kids can do well.

We're starting the new uniform process. Using varsity. The current debate is a "sequin burst" behind our lettering or not. I go both ways. Anyone have experience with these? How do they hold up? Anyone ever seen any in alternate colors than the silver/crystal kind? We're debating blue sequins on black or gold sequins on black. Just not sure how they will show up and we aren't able to show that on a computer graphic.

We're starting the new uniform process. Using varsity. The current debate is a "sequin burst" behind our lettering or not. I go both ways. Anyone have experience with these? How do they hold up? Anyone ever seen any in alternate colors than the silver/crystal kind? We're debating blue sequins on black or gold sequins on black. Just not sure how they will show up and we aren't able to show that on a computer graphic.

We had silver sequinz on our last uniform and not the one fell off in the two years we had them. This year we have spanglez (sequinz without the holes) and we used silver and royal blue, and I have no worry about them falling off. Plus, they look like stones since the hole isn't there. If you PM me, I can text you a photo of our sample!

We do use GK instead of Varsity however.

We had silver sequinz on our last uniform and not the one fell off in the two years we had them. This year we have spanglez (sequinz without the holes) and we used silver and royal blue, and I have no worry about them falling off. Plus, they look like stones since the hole isn't there. If you PM me, I can text you a photo of our sample!

We do use GK instead of Varsity however.

We have the silver sequin burst through Varsity and they look/hold up great. Haven't had any issues, though we've only worn the uniforms a few times so that could change. I've personally seen the gold sequins on black mesh and they looked great, they also held up decently, though the mesh made things a little rough. I say go for it - the uniforms look so great under the lights that even if a few fall off, it's worth it in the long run.

We are doing new uniforms this year! We have a budget of $4500 for 30 uniforms ($150) each. I have yet to confirm that this one is within our budget (I am assuming it is since our Varsity Rep sent the artwork after I told her our budget) but who knows.

I can't upload the image since it doesnt have a URL :(

We got our new uniforms in this week!
enhance

Back