All-Star 2017-2018 New Locations/acquisitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Live on the East Coast but why not just add a mega gym in between KC And Wichita?
I don't know anything about how popular cheer is in central KS but geographically it could work. There is Emporia right in the middle. There is Emporia State University (don't even know what their squad is like though), and about an hour to an hour and a half from Wichita, Kansas City, Topeka, KU, and K State.

Live on the East Coast but why not just add a mega gym in between KC And Wichita?

Not nearly as profitable. I am almost positive they would place it somewhere in Johnson County, where there is already a HUGE interest in cheer. We have Kc Cheer, KCAC, TCP KC, 360 All Stars as well as a ton of other small programs. There is also Fury Athletics, CG Athletics, TumbleCheer, Xtreme, within an hour over on the MO side. There are a bunch of other small programs that I'm not even thinking of. Wichita has ICT, ACC, Cheer Eclipse. All of these programs do really well too. And they are within a reasonable drive to Southern JOCO. It makes more sense to put it there because of the access to athletes.

Plus Johnson County is wealthy. More $$$$$ means more athletes.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about how popular cheer is in central KS but geographically it could work. There is Emporia right in the middle. There is Emporia State University (don't even know what their squad is like though), and about an hour to an hour and a half from Wichita, Kansas City, Topeka, KU, and K State.

Doable for sure, I was on a team in stl with a girl who commuted from st joe (5+ hours). But like I said, how often do UCA college cheerleaders crossover to allstar? I don't know much about KU so this is little more than an educated guess but I suspect their coach would shut it down if a bunch of the team tried to crossover.

Edit: and other than KU I don't think there's really any developed cheer talent in Lawrence at all, especially when compared to JOCO

On the flip side of this, there is infinitely more pressure on a new gym under the mega gym umbrella that it has to immediately win NCA/Summit/Worlds or the mother gym doesn't "care" about them as much... when realistically CA/CEA/WC/TG have all been around for 20+ years and it took time and diligence to grow into a successful program. They come into the new locations with the business and coaching smarts to be successful and have steady growth, but it still takes time to grow those athletes and reap the rewards.

That's true I understand what your saying I just feel that there are some gyms (very few) that's just don't care that much and I feel like it gives mega gyms a bad name I feel like a lot of things are just misunderstood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arkansas cheer elite and Conway cheer central have merged and become Cheer Central Elite Braves.They have 2 locations, and are in both Conway and Marvell.

I just saw on social media that Shine Allstar Cheer from California is closing their doors. They were a small gym but very successful. They had some summit wins and they were always great competition.

I just saw on social media that Shine Allstar Cheer from California is closing their doors. They were a small gym but very successful. They had some summit wins and they were always great competition.
That's sad, especially since the season has already started. They had some strong teams, I hope those kids can find places at a new gym.

Back