All-Star 2017-2018 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wow that's crazy! I can't think of another gym with that many at one location. Do ray's use a lot of crossovers?

I'm not sure haha but I don't think so? We're new and CP did half year so I don't know that much about full year.

CJA has the following:
Tiny Exhibition: Bomb Babies
Tiny 1: Baby Gunz
Junior 1: Jr Ammo
Youth 2: Young Gunz
Junior 3: Bombsquad
Senior 1: Commanders
Senior 2: Outlaws
Senior coed 3: Knockout
Senior coed4 : Stun Gunz
Senior Small 5: Bombshells
Senior Small Coed 5:Team Gunz

I have a friend who cheers at a gym and she told me that they once had like 22 athletes with 11 back hand springs and made that a sr2 team...
Back in my senior 2 days (Good god-that's like 8 years ago now...) this was definitely the norm. I can confidently say my team did not have majority bhs, but those girls could stunt like no other! We went on to win every single competition that year!
Crazy how industry norms have changed and how insanely competitive things have gotten.

I think that putting 16yos on a Senior 1 is very disheartening for most. Although they don't have the tumbling, most can be taught to do avg. lvl 2 stunting.

Thats some strong tumbling team I'm guessing there going to have, aye?

There was a lot of turnover but yes - EC Stars should be highly competitive in the X-Small Division.

Placement is always kind of in flux until choreography and prep teams don't start until end of summer, but here are the current Elite Teams

X-Small Senior 5
Small Sr 4
Small Sr 3
Large J3
Small Sr 2
Large Jr2
Large Youth 2
Small Sr1
Small Youth 1
Small Mini 1

Back in my senior 2 days (Good god-that's like 8 years ago now...) this was definitely the norm. I can confidently say my team did not have majority bhs, but those girls could stunt like no other! We went on to win every single competition that year!
Crazy how industry norms have changed and how insanely competitive things have gotten.

I think that putting 16yos on a Senior 1 is very disheartening for most. Although they don't have the tumbling, most can be taught to do avg. lvl 2 stunting.

God that's so true, it's crazy. My S3 in 2010 had like 8/9 tucks and went undefeated all year.
Now to be a competitive s3 basically the whole team has to be able to do a front walk over through to tuck.

i can understand the tumbling requirements to now be on a team due to competitiveness. But gosh im so glad a i aged out when i did or i would have never been able to be on a level 5 team.
When i was at the level 5 division the only tumbling required to be/stay on the team was jumps to a standing back tuck. They liked if you had some form of running full but it wasnt a true requirement for the team. I could manage a running full, and the jankiest of punch fronts to a tumbling pass. The biggest factor at least when i was in the coed division was that your biggest strength was to be a flyer, if i can remember correctly, we only had 3 or 4 girls who didnt fly.

i can understand the tumbling requirements to now be on a team due to competitiveness. But gosh im so glad a i aged out when i did or i would have never been able to be on a level 5 team.
When i was at the level 5 division the only tumbling required to be/stay on the team was jumps to a standing back tuck. They liked if you had some form of running full but it wasnt a true requirement for the team. I could manage a running full, and the jankiest of punch fronts to a tumbling pass. The biggest factor at least when i was in the coed division was that your biggest strength was to be a flyer, if i can remember correctly, we only had 3 or 4 girls who didnt fly.
Same. I was on a decently successful level 5 year for 3 years and never got close to a full.

Upper Merion is slowly building a very reputable and strong gym. Hopefully they'll have a Worlds team soon so athletes have more choices in that area.
They had 5 teams go to D2 Summit and 3 of those teams finished in 2nd place and one other team finished in 7th (out of 36 teams) I would say not bad for a 2 year program!

I was on the pre-levels equivalent of Level 5 (Advanced), with a running full. I really did not get a double until college. Times have changed!

Do you happen to have a full list of all teams from all locations?
BlueCat will probably post a full list, but here are the Charlotte teams.
DAXElvjXoAEpJ4F.jpg

Hi Everyone-
We could really use your help. ECE will release the team placements if we get 6300 followers on Instagram. If you could please follow @ece_cheer on Instagram to help us out we would appreciate it.

Back