All-Star 2017 Worlds Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not announcing the scores at all will make scratch my head a little LESS after seeing who made finals. Placements and scores overall have been interesting to say the least.

Im happy they're moving them back indoors. But, I'm irritated that parents of large senior and large coed athletes have to shell out an extra $40 to watch their kids in finals. Meanwhile, no other divisions have to do that. I'm hoping they at least offer discounted finals tickets to parents with a code or something (like they do for Majors).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not announcing the scores at all will make scratch my head a little LESS after seeing who made finals. Placements and scores overall have been interesting to say the least.
I'm guessing that's why they're doing this. Scores last year were way off

I wonder if they aren't announcing scores anymore because of how many were appealed? I don't know how many people questioned theirs, but I know the team we had go last year did. It could save on the confusion of who's advancing before any appeals?

Coaches are still going to get scores I'm sure. And there will still be appeals by coaches. They're just not going to be announced publicly in the venues.

Just like CU has been able to do at Bid Competitions, I'm hoping we'll still be able to gather scores from coaches. There has to be at least one coach in each division willing to share the scores.

Im happy they're moving them back indoors. But, I'm irritated that parents of large senior and large coed athletes have to shell out an extra $40 to watch their kids in finals. Meanwhile, no other divisions have to do that. I'm hoping they at least offer discounted finals tickets to parents with a code or something (like they do for Majors).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but I did read the packet and it looks like parents of those athletes and coaches from those gyms will get an alotted amount of tickets to get in first then the others will be on sale. I may have misunderstood but that is how I read it. I hope thats the case.

No surprised about the LS/LC as ppl were so pissed about the baseball diamond. What other option could have been given if they didn't move back indoors. Nothing as the new stadium will not be ready. I do feel that the parents should get first tickets to this event that is only fair and boardcast the even in the Baseball diamond for those that want to watch. Paying extra $40 is ashame. But again not surprised.

If no scores will be released will that mean they will just announce who is moving on to finals in no particular order since scores dont carry over to the finals. Still no surprised parents have sat for almost 2 hours last year waiting to see if their team has moved onto finals because coaches were fighting every score.

Sadly you can't complain about wanting change and getting it and its not what you want. Good luck to all teams this season!
Really??? Putting kids in danger competing at midnight in less than ideal conditions and putting spectators in danger by locking them IN a stadium does not warrant a complaint? And the ONLY solution is to charge parents more money to watch their child because their child happens to be in the "premier" divisions that generate much of USASFVarsity profit to begin with?
How's this for a solution - take the EXACT wording in the packet, but instead say that the tickets allocated to family members of each gym will be at no charge. If you want to charge people for any leftover tickets, then have at it.

Coaches are still going to get scores I'm sure. And there will still be appeals by coaches. They're just not going to be announced publicly in the venues.

Just like CU has been able to do at Bid Competitions, I'm hoping we'll still be able to gather scores from coaches. There has to be at least one coach in each division willing to share the scores.

This makes sense. I mean more from the prospective of a spectator, they announce a team with a 80, but then that team makes finals because of an appeal that not everyone knows happened. I think it will cut down on confusion on the actual day of the event.

Has Nations Cup been added back in, or have I just not noticed it recently?? I know the year we were top 3 in the country, there was no Nations Cup, whereas in previous years, they had announcements of those teams

They won't be announcing them at all. They'll just be announcing the 10 teams moving on.

They won't be announcing scores, but since teams moving up from Prelims or Semis are seeded into the performance schedule based on their last score wouldn't that at least give us a good idea how the judges are scoring? :confused:

They won't be announcing scores, but since teams moving up from Prelims or Semis are seeded into the performance schedule based on their last score wouldn't that at least give us a good idea how the judges are scoring? :confused:
No. They take the top 10 (2o for the smalls)...but that doesn't tell us if it's tight, low, or high scoring. It only tells us who's moving on.

Guessing they also won't share score for International. Is it the top 3 that move on for International?

Latest posts

Back