All-Star 2017 Worlds Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it means less bases = better score, i.e. Don't use front spots and use single based stunts to increase your score

Pretty much. This is just difficulty though, it won't do too much damage if you're using front spots to keep a good technique score. But basically not using front spots, and doing two man stunts when allotted are essential to upping your difficulty score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of off topic rant:

I'm interested in your post as a whole because I did some extensive research in university regarding the sociology of sport. Granted this was a few years back - and I don't have the sources off the top of my head, but it is interesting to me how socioeconomic status effects the 'level playing fields' of sport.

I would argue that it is near impossible to compete/ make it to this level of sport unless you are in the top income earning bracket. Why? Well @Momager briefly showed us the sheer cost of having one of these athletes compete, evidently is not cheap. Furthermore, what is the training required to have an athlete reach this level? The private lessons? The time? Travel? Etc. Although we often hear of these 'underdog' stories where an athlete received a scholarship or a big break, these stories are the exception to the rule. What are the statistics of an athlete from a middle/ low income bracket being able to compete at this level? Even if they had ALL the skill?

This is what frustrates me with main stream media because sport is advertised as an all inclusive environment for kids to participate in. It is often portrayed as 'if you work hard, you will be great'. The Cheerleading World Championships is a perfect example as to why those are false fallacies, however this isn't limited to cheer. I urge you to look at any other youth-sport and what it takes, monetarily, to reach highly competitive levels. Furthermore, what it costs upon reaching that level.

Props to you @Momager and all other parents (including my own) who spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours towards their children's extra curricular activities.

- end rant :) -

I agree 1000%. My cp has been cheering for the better part of 12 years now. I am a single parent with a single parent income with 3 kids. Had I known how expensive cheer was going to get, I probably would have never continued. However, she loves the sport so I do what I can to pay for it (booster club, fundraising, second job, selling myself (jk), etc.) But I feel like she is holding herself back because she knows I couldn't afford to pay for her to be on a higher level (i.e. world's) team. She had the skills at one point, albeit not consistent, but held back. She always said she didn't want to be on a worlds team, but I could tell by the way she watched those teams, she did. She said she's retiring after this season and I support her 100% either way. I just can't help but think, that the only reason she is retiring, is because of the money. It saddens me that we are so financially limited. So your assessment makes complete sense.

@cfwp.cheerleader We definitely are not in the top income bracket, far from it. I am a single Mom of 3, no child support, and on a teacher's salary. Many challenges , with ups & downs. CP was removed from one World's team because of my financial struggles. With that said CP just turned 14 and attended Worlds last season/made finals. Is on another World's team this season. It's possible, but definitely not easy.

@cfwp.cheerleader We definitely are not in the top income bracket, far from it. I am a single Mom of 3, no child support, and on a teacher's salary. Many challenges , with ups & downs. CP was removed from one World's team because of my financial struggles. With that said CP just turned 14 and attended Worlds last season/made finals. Is on another World's team this season. It's possible, but definitely not easy.

That's amazing to hear. I should edit my post to state to a 'higher income bracket' instead of 'top income bracket', but I have made the distinction to say it is very difficult/ near impossible without financial backing. Of course there are always exceptions to every rule - and it appears your daughter is one of them. Kudos to you and your daughter. :kiss:

I agree 1000%. My cp has been cheering for the better part of 12 years now. I am a single parent with a single parent income with 3 kids. Had I known how expensive cheer was going to get, I probably would have never continued. However, she loves the sport so I do what I can to pay for it (booster club, fundraising, second job, selling myself (jk), etc.) But I feel like she is holding herself back because she knows I couldn't afford to pay for her to be on a higher level (i.e. world's) team. She had the skills at one point, albeit not consistent, but held back. She always said she didn't want to be on a worlds team, but I could tell by the way she watched those teams, she did. She said she's retiring after this season and I support her 100% either way. I just can't help but think, that the only reason she is retiring, is because of the money. It saddens me that we are so financially limited. So your assessment makes complete sense.

I'm sorry to hear that @FamUsM0m - I agree it is incredibly tough - I hope your daughter finds passion in something after cheer.

That's amazing to hear. I should edit my post to state to a 'higher income bracket' instead of 'top income bracket', but I have made the distinction to say it is very difficult/ near impossible without financial backing. Of course there are always exceptions to every rule - and it appears your daughter is one of them. Kudos to you and your daughter. :kiss:

I'm sorry to hear that @FamUsM0m - I agree it is incredibly tough - I hope your daughter finds passion in something after cheer.

Oh I'm sure she will :). She's very talented and smart. She still loves cheer. Regardless, she's a happy kid :)

Back