All-Star 2018 - 2019 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We finally figured out our teams. It's been a process for sure!

Legacy Cheerleading 18-19
Titans - Tiny 1
Heroes - Small Youth 1
Imperials - Small Youth 2
Descendants - Small Junior 1
Majesty - International Junior 3
Prodigy - Small Senior 3
Dynasty - International Open 6 (They didn't try for a bid last year, but will this year)

No one can afford it anymore.

Allstar cheerleading has been on the decline since the tumbling rule changes after the 2012 season, picked up the pace after the 2014 uniform changes, and REALLY started crashing after the music changes of 2016 (particularly when posted Youtube videos and now flocheer vids can't play the team's music)... it's awful and I'm so sad.

The boards themselves have slowed down significantly! Summers are usually light on here, but there was literally nothing going on and I had to rely on Twitter to keep up with things. It's all so sad and different. :(

Allstar cheerleading has been on the decline since the tumbling rule changes after the 2012 season, picked up the pace after the 2014 uniform changes, and REALLY started crashing after the music changes of 2016 (particularly when posted Youtube videos and now flocheer vids can't play the team's music)... it's awful and I'm so sad.

The boards themselves have slowed down significantly! Summers are usually light on here, but there was literally nothing going on and I had to rely on Twitter to keep up with things. It's all so sad and different. :(
fr I thought I was the only one who thought the boards were calmer than usual. It has been for a while now tbh..

What was the change with tumbling in 2012 season? Also do you think with the changes to tumbling (level 4 standing tumbling and level 5 restricted) this season will that have any effect?

Yes the summers on the board are extremely quite. It can go days without a single post or comment.

What was the change with tumbling in 2012 season? Also do you think with the changes to tumbling (level 4 standing tumbling and level 5 restricted) this season will that have any effect?

Yes the summers on the board are extremely quite. It can go days without a single post or comment.
No standing doubles, one to doubles, or full doubles/double doubles in level 5.

I'm going to be brutally honest as a parent here and am sorry for hurting any feelings. I would never allow my daughter to do all star cheer today in any form if we were brand new to it. I'm pretty sure that the majority of parents who look into it and walk away from it agree with me. Here are my reasons I would never allow my daughter to do this now:

1. The cost. I'm not going to go into massive amounts of debt for a hobby. $4,000 - $10,000+ a year is not logical for a family. That's more than most car payments and even some rents or mortgages.

2. The uniforms are trashy. I'm sorry, but there are a lot of parents who are conservative and feel uncomfortable with these uniforms. The trend is towards skimpier and trashier uniforms for younger and younger girls who are doing some rather athletic things on stage. I wouldn't pay to allow my daughter to do that in uniforms that are on with a wing and a prayer.

3. Too much missed school time because of travel and competitions. Too much time is required required for privates and practices. Not having enough time for family vacations, studying, church attendance, and spending time with family. Sorry, but the work and time aren't worth it. Also, the policies of many gyms that practice is attended even when sick.

4. The stress on the athletes both physically, emotionally and mentally.

5. The toxic expectation by many gyms and coaches that paying parents are to shut up, pay tuition, and be compliant no matter what or risk being labeled a sm and their child be subjected to passive aggressive behavior from a coach or gym owner. And there's always a other parent who wants their kid on top who's willing to do whatever it takes no matter the cost so they can get their princess all the endorsements and deals and turn them into cheerlebrities.

6. Safety. All star cheer is a very dangerous sport. And when things go wrong, it can be disastrous.

I'm going to be brutally honest as a parent here and am sorry for hurting any feelings. I would never allow my daughter to do all star cheer today in any form if we were brand new to it. I'm pretty sure that the majority of parents who look into it and walk away from it agree with me. Here are my reasons I would never allow my daughter to do this now:

1. The cost. I'm not going to go into massive amounts of debt for a hobby. $4,000 - $10,000+ a year is not logical for a family. That's more than most car payments and even some rents or mortgages.

2. The uniforms are trashy. I'm sorry, but there are a lot of parents who are conservative and feel uncomfortable with these uniforms. The trend is towards skimpier and trashier uniforms for younger and younger girls who are doing some rather athletic things on stage. I wouldn't pay to allow my daughter to do that in uniforms that are on with a wing and a prayer.

3. Too much missed school time because of travel and competitions. Too much time is required required for privates and practices. Not having enough time for family vacations, studying, church attendance, and spending time with family. Sorry, but the work and time aren't worth it. Also, the policies of many gyms that practice is attended even when sick.

4. The stress on the athletes both physically, emotionally and mentally.

5. The toxic expectation by many gyms and coaches that paying parents are to shut up, pay tuition, and be compliant no matter what or risk being labeled a sm and their child be subjected to passive aggressive behavior from a coach or gym owner. And there's always a other parent who wants their kid on top who's willing to do whatever it takes no matter the cost so they can get their princess all the endorsements and deals and turn them into cheerlebrities.

6. Safety. All star cheer is a very dangerous sport. And when things go wrong, it can be disastrous.

I’m not trying to tell you you’re wrong. I have the same observations. However.

I will say that many if these seem to be uniquely American things. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Canada just seems different. Most teams travel a few times. Uniforms seem more athletic, prices more reasonable and expectations lower.

We don’t do placements until August. Take the summer off. Maybe do some tumbling. Why do we need to train year round? Our most expensive tuition is $2100 excluding uniform and travel. We travel once (twice for our open 6 team). We discourage family vacations during the season, but it’s okay with enough notice, and the understanding that the athletes role may change depending how close to a competition we are.

From what I read here, teams in the US just seem way too intense at the lower levels/ages

Last edited:
Back