All-Star 2018 - 2019 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looking at the teal reveal it looks like triple x is back! I've been waiting for this day for so long! Not sure what division they'll be in, because it seems like they're keeping cougars coed too..

Also, CSP announced an international non-tumbling team out of kville. Anyone out there close who wants to host me for a year? Or is Sweden - Kville a feasible commute??

Looking at the teal reveal it looks like triple x is back! I've been waiting for this day for so long! Not sure what division they'll be in, because it seems like they're keeping cougars coed too..

Also, CSP announced an international non-tumbling team out of kville. Anyone out there close who wants to host me for a year? Or is Sweden - Kville a feasible commute??

CEA Chicago also announced a NT team. This division is going to be great for pulling in high school cheerleaders that want to compete more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confession: I struggle with the idea of NT because I feel like intended purpose may not be what actually happens.

THE INTENT - Smaller programs with few advanced tumblers, international programs struggling with fielding enough kids who tumble have a shot a competing.

WHAT IS PROBABLY ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN - Already World champion caliber gyms entering.

I'd love to be wrong but we shall see.

Last edited:
Confession: I struggle with the idea of NT because I feel like intended purpose may not be what actually happens.

THE INTENT - Smaller programs with few advanced tumblers, international programs struggling with fielding enough kids who tumble have a shot a competing.

WHAT IS PROBABLY ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN - Already World champion caliber gyms create an NT team of kids who are probably Level 4 to 5R tumblers for the win.

I'd love to be wrong but we shall see.

I am perplexed @oncecoolcoachnowmom, if the team is NT would it make a difference if the cheerleaders on this squad are levels 4/5R? I thought they are not tumbling?

I am perplexed @oncecoolcoachnowmom, if the team is NT would it make a difference if the cheerleaders on this squad are levels 4/5R? I thought they are not tumbling?

I just reread that and I must be tired bc it makes no sense. lol.

I meant moreso the " meant for tumbling disadvantaged programs but probably going to be entered by everyone else."

Like XS was meant for something else, but in reality, everyone puts together teams and enters.

Last edited:
@oncecoolcoachnowmom, it does piss me off that all these mega gyms can jump into the XS category by setting up a team at a different location with no level 5 team. I think this is cheating and shows just how greedy and glory hungry they are to win anything and everything. Legitimate XS gyms should be able to shine in some way, geesh!
(I could not understand why CJA Bombshells could not compete in XS at Worlds until someone told me about the 1 level 5 team rule per gym.)

These gyms behavior is no different from a monopoly and they need to be stop. I think it is wrong that a totally new gym cannot get a foothold in AS because the mega gyms are killing it for competition... It reminds me of what happened with AT&T, the mega gyms need to stop this Goliath activity.

@oncecoolcoachnowmom, it does piss me off that all these mega gyms can jump into the XS category by setting up a team at a different location with no level 5 team. I think this is cheating and shows just how greedy and glory hungry they are to win anything and everything. Legitimate XS gyms should be able to shine in some way, geesh!
(I could not understand why CJA Bombshells could not compete in XS at Worlds until someone told me about the 1 level 5 team rule per gym.)

These gyms behavior is no different from a monopoly and they need to be stop. I think it is wrong that a totally new gym cannot get a foothold in AS because the mega gyms are killing it for competition... It reminds me of what happened with AT&T, the mega gyms need to stop this Goliath activity.

Yes to your whole post. I feel the same way regarding the non tumbling division. I don’t know if the crossover rules are still the same but I hope to not see kids who clearly can tumble cross to one of those teams.

Yes to your whole post. I feel the same way regarding the non tumbling division. I don’t know if the crossover rules are still the same but I hope to not see kids who clearly can tumble cross to one of those teams.
Ha! That ship has sailed! A large well-known gym near us has broken the spirit of both of these divisions already...and I KNOW they are planning to use crossovers liberally based on reports from my cp’s friends who have tried out there over the past week. What can you do???

Ha! That ship has sailed! A large well-known gym near us has broken the spirit of both of these divisions already...and I KNOW they are planning to use crossovers liberally based on reports from my cp’s friends who have tried out there over the past week. What can you do???

You cannot use crossovers at Worlds, so anyone they cross during the season has to choose which team they are performing with at Worlds (can't do both).

To say any gym entering into any division is cheating is absolutely ridiculous. Who stated the reasoning behind any of these division additions or changes? Absolutely no one including the governing bodies of our sport. People are giving them far too much credit saying it is to "help international teams" because those teams can't afford to come to a "World Championships" that is held in Florida every single year to begin with, so NT or not, they likely won't participate unless Worlds is held in a different country each year. Not to mention Bangkok was a World Champion without the same level of tumbling some of their competition had and many international countries have competitive tumbling for the international scoresheet. I would be willing to bet that there were other factors involved in creating the NT division including growing the US base since on average, teams in the US have become smaller and the average age of participation seems to be getting older. As far as the XS division, using your example of CJA, those Bombshells shined very brightly in an unrestricted division. If Worlds is to be the best of the best, then there should be no divisions which limit competition.

Back