All-Star 2018 - 2019 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay but what does it matter if they are using level 100 tumblers on a NT team? There's NO TUMBLING. Your ability to tumble doesn't affect your ability to stunt. I can't even do walkovers, but I can base any level you throw at me, both sides..

I don't know if it's just me being international and used to battle uphill constantly, and I've just sorta accepted it or what.. Did GCO wildcats have to work their asses off for pretty much a decade to even have a chance to take bronze at worlds? Ya bet ya. Did they do it? YES. Did they complain? No. They went up against GT, Viqueens, Flyers, Cali, Dolphins, big gyms, small gyms, international gyms.. They don't have sprung floor, I'm not even sure they have an airtrack.. But here they are, back to back bronze champions! If you buckle down and work hard with what you have, you'll get there.

I get it's frustrating that people leave and you feel like you'll never get to where mega gyms are, but they didn't start out like that either. So what if a mega gym has a team in XS? For example, did you see CEA X5 at worlds? A tiny team with big dreams, they don't really benefit from their name, they're still a tiny team, if they had more people with level 5 skills I'm sure they'd add them.. Why should they not get to compete XS? It's just another team size!

How can you be world champs if not everyone is allowed to participate? It's already hard for internationals teams to even get a bid, let alone in the senior divisions, now you don't even want all of the US to participate? It's just like how a lot of sports leagues over there, like the NFL, declare their champions world champs.. But they don't compete against the world.

Don't hate me, I've just seen this topic discussed on so many forums/in so many groups, and wanted to give my international perspective on it. Always being an underunderunderunder dog and never having the same opportunities and conditions to work with.

But they are using level 4 and R5 tumblers on the NT team.

Not to sound nitpicky, but should it really matter if they use a team of level 5+++ tumblers? Cause in the NT division those skills aren't going to help them at all.

To say any team is 'cheating the system' isn't really fair in my opinion. Trust me, I get it. My daughter is from a medium sized independent gym on an XSmall worlds team. Did I think it sucked they took the Xsmall restriction of only 1 worlds team to enter away - you bet. But never once did I blame the gyms entering with the change. They aren't cheating. They aren't breaking a rule. My daughter and her teammates spent about 5 minutes bummed about the change, then decided that they didn't care who they competed against, they were in it to win it and got to work.

Do I believe there should be an NT division....sure. Do I think it is a Worlds division....not really but they have ZERO room to add to Summit. And where else would it go? ICU? NCA? I don't have those answers. And I think taking out tumbling kind of levels the playing field a bit between the 'Mega' gyms and the smaller organizations.

But then again, everyone has different opinions. And thank goodness, how boring would it be if we all agreed all the time ;)

Last edited:
im divided on them opening up the XS division to everyone, i get the frustration on both sides. I wish they would have at least given the XS division one more year before making changes, but what can you do.
but i cant see mega gyms stacking an XS team for an easy worlds win, i want to imagine that maybe an XS team will give mega gyms an easier time placing athletes on teams who maybe have the level 5 talent, but not strong enough to make a premier team, who knows...

Not to sound nitpicky, but should it really matter if they use a team of level 5+++ tumblers? Cause in the NT division those skills aren't going to help them at all.

To say any team is 'cheating the system' isn't really fair in my opinion. Trust me, I get it. My daughter is from a medium sized independent gym on an XSmall worlds team. Did I think it sucked they took the Xsmall restriction of only 1 worlds team to enter away - you bet. But never once did I blame the gyms entering with the change. They aren't cheating. They aren't breaking a rule. My daughter and her teammates spent about 5 minutes bummed about the change, then decided that they didn't care who they competed against, they were in it to win it and got to work.

Do I believe there should be an NT division....sure. Do I think it is a Worlds division....not really but they have ZERO room to add to Summit. And where else would it go? ICU? NCA? I don't have those answers. And I think taking out tumbling kind of levels the playing field a bit between the 'Mega' gyms and the smaller organizations.

But then again, everyone has different opinions. And thank goodness, how boring would it be if we all agreed all the time ;)
Ah, finally someone who I agree with 100%. Couldn't have said it any better myself. Granted I'm not on a worlds team...

@Belinda you are absolutely right "Why should they not get to compete XS? It's just another team size." ITA with this, so put those unis on and Bring It! Now, the NT division I was not feeling it right away but after some pondering, I think it could work and I am looking forward to seeing how creative this division could be. For example, will it just be all of the traditional stunts that we currently see but more of them? Or will it incorporate the usual stunting with some of the dance/gymnastic style acro moves/stunts? KWIM I also think this might bring more males to All Star Cheer who would have wanted to try All Star Cheer but never considered it because they can't tumble. I mean if you recall back in the day MOST of the males on college level teams did not tumble they were primarily there for stunts and crowd hyping. I mean I am still waiting to see ALL levels maxed out with both COED and All girl and who knows maybe even All male teams one day and who knows this sport is evolving so no telling what it will produce next. JS

Last edited:
@quitthedrama I may have miscommunicated my ideas in terms of cheating allegation, sorry if I offended anyone with my early morning rants... I really thought that if CJA Bombshells competed the whole cheer season as XS and always maintained a squad of 14/15 athletes, they should have competed as XS at Worlds .... It could be sour grapes on my part :defeated:

International teams (which is a huge target for this division) won't come to US Finals/The One, especially if they have other teams competing at ICU/Worlds or/and can get some kind of monetary bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about any other countries but jamfest Europe give out a ton of US Finals to U.K. teams, I'm only aware of a few that have accepted them but they give out a lot.

Okay but what does it matter if they are using level 100 tumblers on a NT team? There's NO TUMBLING. Your ability to tumble doesn't affect your ability to stunt. I can't even do walkovers, but I can base any level you throw at me, both sides..

I don't know if it's just me being international and used to battle uphill constantly, and I've just sorta accepted it or what.. Did GCO wildcats have to work their asses off for pretty much a decade to even have a chance to take bronze at worlds? Ya bet ya. Did they do it? YES. Did they complain? No. They went up against GT, Viqueens, Flyers, Cali, Dolphins, big gyms, small gyms, international gyms.. They don't have sprung floor, I'm not even sure they have an airtrack.. But here they are, back to back bronze champions! If you buckle down and work hard with what you have, you'll get there.

I get it's frustrating that people leave and you feel like you'll never get to where mega gyms are, but they didn't start out like that either. So what if a mega gym has a team in XS? For example, did you see CEA X5 at worlds? A tiny team with big dreams, they don't really benefit from their name, they're still a tiny team, if they had more people with level 5 skills I'm sure they'd add them.. Why should they not get to compete XS? It's just another team size!

How can you be world champs if not everyone is allowed to participate? It's already hard for internationals teams to even get a bid, let alone in the senior divisions, now you don't even want all of the US to participate? It's just like how a lot of sports leagues over there, like the NFL, declare their champions world champs.. But they don't compete against the world.

Don't hate me, I've just seen this topic discussed on so many forums/in so many groups, and wanted to give my international perspective on it. Always being an underunderunderunder dog and never having the same opportunities and conditions to work with.

What I see you saying with this is that you want to compete with best that there is, and not in a division that only includes certain programs?

That makes sense to me also. I did not think about this (the perspective of an actual international team.) You actually WANT to say that you competed against ___.

One opinion that I have coming from the UK is that not having any concessions at worlds and competitng with the best teams has pushed the standard of cheer at all levels to a point where some teams are level with US teams in terms of difficulty and execution.
To put in perspective
4 years age many teams didn't have any access to a spring floor or tumble space, many still wore shell and liners and you were lucky to have half tumblers on any level espcially the upper levels with maybe only 1 or 2 double fulls

Now more gyms are popping up with full facilities and the standard at all levels is insane
As much as i would love NT for myself I feel that the UK would not have had this fast progression if restrictions would have been put in place

Back