College 2018 Uca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Double posting but that moment you realize your kid has no school and you are off tomorrow so you can watch all of finals this evening >>>

That time when you record some pom routines for your athletes to watch because clean arm approaches/swings in jumps.

Minnesota pom has an obscenely quick jump sequence. However, this might be the year they lose their 8-year winning streak (national champs since they debuted). They’re making the same mistake United made last year: “Our difficulty is through the roof so even if our execution is flawed we should still come out on top.” I’m rooting for them, but idk.

Sorry for the tangent but I can’t find any other forum to talk about song/pom and the stakes are so high this year! I’d be like ElDo losing their winning streak except 100% more legacy on the line.

Last edited:
Minnesota pom has an obscenely quick jump sequence. However, this might be the year they lose their 8-year winning streak (national champs since they debuted). They’re making the same mistake United made last year: “Our difficulty is through the roof so even if our execution is flawed we should still come out on top.” I’m rooting for them, but

Sorry for the tangent but I can’t find any other forum to talk about song/pom and the stakes are so high this year! I’d be like ElDo losing their winning streak except 100% more legacy on the line.

Minnesota dance got new head coaches this year (who are former alumni) so might be a key to why their routine isn't what it use to be.

Minnesota pom has an obscenely quick jump sequence. However, this might be the year they lose their 8-year winning streak (national champs since they debuted). They’re making the same mistake United made last year: “Our difficulty is through the roof so even if our execution is flawed we should still come out on top.” I’m rooting for them, but

I like dance I just know nothing about it and can’t really contribute, unless there’s an obvious flaw (like someone off in the turn sequence). I was watching D1A hip hop and they all looked good to me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like dance I just know nothing about it and can’t really contribute, unless there’s an obvious flaw (like someone off in the turn sequence). I was watching D1A hip hop and they all looked good to me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LMAO right?!

I do not have a dance background at all. All the routines in the finals looked awesome to me.

Like, I go to my god-daughter's ballet things and she is like "Auntie did I do a good job?"

Sure baby. It was amazing. Every ballet number looks great to me as long as it is not obviously off.

Reactions: Ems
I have SO LITTLE OF A DANCE BACKGROUND THAT I did not know (until I went to college and my college had a dance team) that it is the SAME TEAM PERFORMING IN HIP HOP, POM AND JAZZ. Ex: Ohio State Dance competes in the pom, jazz, and hip hop categories.

The HS dance team did not compete so in HS, I thought that each college/university had a SEPARATE DANCE TEAM FOR ALL THE CATEGORIES. Ex: Assumed Ohio State had THREE separate dance teams (OSU POM, OSU jazz, OSU hip hop) competing at UCA.)

Yes.

D1A Jazz
12 - Rutgers
11 - San Diego State
10 - Wisconsin
9 - Louisiana State
8 - Washington State
7 - Tennessee
6 - Penn State
5 - Arizona State
4 - Michigan
3 - Florida State
2 - Minnesota
1 - Ohio State

Daaaaang. First time Minnesota has lost since 2002.

D1A Jazz
12 - Rutgers
11 - San Diego State
10 - Wisconsin
9 - Louisiana State
8 - Washington State
7 - Tennessee
6 - Penn State
5 - Arizona State
4 - Michigan
3 - Florida State
2 - Minnesota
1 - Ohio State

Daaaaang. First time Minnesota has lost since 2002.

Didn’t Minnesota take second in jazz two years ago? I know it’s song/pom that they really dominate.

D1A Hip Hop
7 - Alabama
6 - San Diego State
5 - Kentucky
4 - Cincinnati
3 - Louisiana State
2 - Memphis
1 - University Nevada Las Vegas

D1A Pom
8 - Memphis
7 - Cincinnati
6 - Kentucky
5 - UNLV
4 - Iowa
3 - Rutgers
2 - Minnesota
1 - Ohio State

Once again, dang. The dynasty has ended. Good for Ohio State though!

Back