All-Star 2018 Worlds Wishlist

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

- Different judges on the panel
- Variances in execution, energy and performance day to day
- Coaches changing routines over night to try to hit the sheet better based on feedback
- Comparative scoring will lead to variances because the baseline will change daily

The fact is, the scores don't *really* matter. I say that meaning, if the placements come out correctly, if you scored 132.5 day 1 and were in first and 125.5 day 2 and are in first....does it make a huge difference at the last competition of the season?

Medium Coed had a team place 1st in prelims, 121.80 raw score, 3 pts in deductions. The 6th place team in prelims had 106.55 raw score, 9 pts in deductions. Next day Semi Finals, both teams have 0 deductions, but the 6th place team beats 1st place team advances to Finals. That's a huge point differential yet even though the 1st place team improved and were clean, they didn't advance.

Medium Coed had a team place 1st in prelims, 121.80 raw score, 3 pts in deductions. The 6th place team in prelims had 106.55 raw score, 9 pts in deductions. Next day Semi Finals, both teams have 0 deductions, but the 6th place team beats 1st place team advances to Finals. That's a huge point differential yet even though the 1st place team improved and were clean, they didn't advance.

But a raw score isn't necessarily what the routine would have scored without issues. The second you have any deductions, the technique score will inherently go down as will difficulty depending on ratios.

9 points in deductions means there were clearly issues with the team, so running a clean routine would increase their raw score the second day.

Again, different judges, different day, different outcome.

But a raw score isn't necessarily what the routine would have scored without issues. The second you have any deductions, the technique score will inherently go down as will difficulty depending on ratios.

9 points in deductions means there were clearly issues with the team, so running a clean routine would increase their raw score the second day.

Again, different judges, different day, different outcome.
I watched prelims and semi finals for that division. There was definitely inconsistent placement between the two days for certain teams.
I would like USASF to know their rules and uphold them, and not make up random rules as they go along. I would either like results to go from 1st to 10th and have a medal ceremony for each division or have people stop filling social media with "give the second place team their moment" posts. Or better yet have scores posted after each team so everyone knows where they stand.

I watched prelims and semi finals for that division. There was definitely inconsistent placement between the two days for certain teams.
I would like USASF to know their rules and uphold them, and not make up random rules as they go along. I would either like results to go from 1st to 10th and have a medal ceremony for each division or have people stop filling social media with "give the second place team their moment" posts. Or better yet have scores posted after each team so everyone knows where they stand.

That's fair. I missed most of that division.

Yea but they charge their kids and I have never seen them advertise for out of state kids to tryout just for TGLC or at all.

That's interesting, I've known 2 local kids that have been on TGLC and they definitely didn't pay for cheer or for housing. You're right though that they don't advertise this. (Not that they need to)

That's interesting, I've known 2 local kids that have been on TGLC and they definitely didn't pay for cheer or for housing. You're right though that they don't advertise this. (Not that they need to)
I don't think any of the big gyms need to advertise. I think they are just advertising the deadline.

Were the 2 local athletes boys?

I do know that, in the past at least, Top Gun has done TONS of fundraising with their kids to help pay for the season.

Back