All-Star 2019 Cheersport Atlanta Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mama2twinsplus1

Cheer Parent
Apr 8, 2016
I am trying to book airfare today...Can I get away with booking a Sunday night 10:41 flight home and making it to the airport if I have a J4 and J3 athlete? I really don't want to miss another day of school just to fly back Monday. Any thoughts on patterns you have seen at Cheersport fom year to year on their schedules?

Thanks!

I have the programs handy for 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2017. In 2012 the latest award for a J3 or J4 was 6:40 PM, in 2013 it was 7:00 PM, in 2015 it was 7:45 PM, and in 2017 it was 10:25 PM. Based solely on that info, knowing sometimes events run late, knowing that I've gotten through Atlanta airport security as fast as 5 minutes and as long an hour, and fighting Atlanta traffic for the last 11 years, "no" I wouldn't recommend booking a 10:41 PM flight on Sunday.

I am trying to book airfare today...Can I get away with booking a Sunday night 10:41 flight home and making it to the airport if I have a J4 and J3 athlete? I really don't want to miss another day of school just to fly back Monday. Any thoughts on patterns you have seen at Cheersport fom year to year on their schedules?

Thanks!
If u can fly southwest there is no fee to switch a flight....they will give u credit if flight is less which it should be on Sunday versus Monday....or using miles in an airline no fee either. Just ideas.

Thanks!
Wouldn't recommend that at all. I competed there years ago granted and at the senior level but we competed lateeee at night, like after 9

I have the programs handy for 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2017. In 2012 the latest award for a J3 or J4 was 6:40 PM, in 2013 it was 7:00 PM, in 2015 it was 7:45 PM, and in 2017 it was 10:25 PM. Based solely on that info, knowing sometimes events run late, knowing that I've gotten through Atlanta airport security as fast as 5 minutes and as long an hour, and fighting Atlanta traffic for the last 11 years, "no" I wouldn't recommend booking a 10:41 PM flight on Sunday.
Thank you so much. That was A LOT of useful info! I appreciate your reply!

Has anyone seen the 2019 Cheersport Atlanta awards schedule? Just trying to figure out exactly how late we may be there Sunday night. ‍♀️ Thanks!

I'm gonna be a debbie downer. They will run late. Then there's atl traffic and airport. I'd do early Monday morning. I'm sorry.

I live in Atlanta, there is construction going on right now. The shutdown caused some TSA agents to quit. They are short staffed now despite it being over. They are advising arrivals of 2 to 3 hours before flights. You are better off for your sanity and stress levels with leaving early Monday morning.

Hartsfield is one of the busiest airports in the country. Anytime I've flown into or out of it, it has been super busy and the traffic is always bad. I would only suggest a 10pm flight if you enjoy missing flights and then having to miss school anyway because you missed said flight.

Back