2020-2021: New Gyms, Closings, And Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by CoachTamara, May 20, 2020.

1. ImAChauffeuse

ImAChauffeuse Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    There are so many gyms in this area and they look close together, but the drive times can be crazy. For us if practice (or tumbling class) starts at 5 or 6 it would be a nearly 2 hour drive. If practice starts at 7:30 it can be 45 minutes. You can live 15 miles from 5 different gyms but you’ll probably only have 1 or 2 that don’t require you to drive in the same direction as DC after work traffic.

There are no gyms between DC and Stafford though (Fairfax and Manassas are closest but they are to the west). That’s super weird, all the kids from that part of Nova drive an hour no matter where they cheer. There are a couple gyms in Fredericksburg but getting on 95 south is a nightmare so I think most of their kids come from further south. If a decent gym opened in Lorton/Woodbridge they’d be mobbed with kids.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. Jettplane_JB

Jettplane_JB Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    There's quite a few successful gyms in the Arlington/Woodbridge/Fairfax and surrounding areas of Northern, VA. VA Royalty Athletics, Hot Topic, ADC, CEA to name a few. But with many large gyms such as Twisters and Stingrays within a hour or so commute many tough the traffic for that experience. The same is said large gyms in any large metro area!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. alexamarysouza

alexamarysouza Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sooouuuza96
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I believe Stingrays Michigan closed their doors.

4. ICEcheerbaby

ICEcheerbaby I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    n/a
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    i saw about that on twitter earlier. i wonder what happened? i did a bit of lurking on their social medias and apparently they were doing great, doing clinics and classes and had tryouts scheduled and all of the sudden closed very suddenly. never was a big fan of that gym anyways, i have a friend who went there and she said the coaches and owners weren't very nice people and it wasn't run very well.

5. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Twitter had a pretty bad post about the personel stuff that was happening there, if true OMG!!!!

6. ICEcheerbaby

ICEcheerbaby I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    n/a
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    right?? i've never cheered there in my experience but like i said, i had a friend who went there not too long ago and she said the stuff that happens behind the scenes is not good. girls being forced to practice and compete on injuries and concussions, the coaches being super mean and aggressive, that sort of thing. i really didn't expect it though.