All-Star 21-22 Teams & Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Some teams had been left out when I wrote my post. At comps though I’ve noticed there really is a lot less senior teams across levels 1-4.

While I was only responding on the Marietta location with Sr teams, I do think a lot of gyms are utilizing the U17 and U19 divisions to help them transition athletes to the Varsity score sheet.

@dmouth11 I'll tag you in this since you were inquiring about the IASF divisions and hopefully any coaches can clarify if I get this wrong.

IASF Age Grid:
U6 5-6 y/o
U8 5-8 y/o
U12 8-12 y/o
U17 10-17 y/o (was expanded to 17 years old for COVID19, but will go back to 16 next year)
U19 14-19 y/o (was expanded to 19 years old for COVID19, but will go back to 18 next year)

IASF Scoring (US is scored on Varsity score sheet during the year and then on the IASF score sheet at the Summit):

Standing/Running Tumbling, Tumbling Execution/Technique and Jumps are worth 20 pts out of 150 (13.3%)
Stunts, Pyramid, Tosses, Building Creativity are worth 100 pts out of 150 (66.7%)
Dance, Routine Creativity, Routine Formations/Transitions, Showmanship are worth 30 pts out of 150 (20%)

USASF Age Grid:

Tiny 5-6 y/o
Mini 5-8 y/o
Youth Levels 1-3 are 5-11 y/o, Level 4 is 8-11 y/o, Level 5 is 9-11 y/o
Junior Levels 1-3 are 6-15 y/0, Level 4 is 8-15 y/o, Levels 5-6 are 9-15 y/o
Senior Levels 1-5 are 12-18 y/o and Level 6 is 13-18 y/o and Open 13+ y/o

Varsity Scoring:
Standing/Running Tumbling and Jumps are 20 pts out of 50 (40%)

Stunts, Pyramid, Tosses, Stunt/Coed Quantity are 22 pts out of 50 (44%)
Routine Composition, Dance, Showmanship, Stunt/Pyramid Creativity are 8 pts out of 50 (16%)

If you look at the weight of IASF scoring versus Varsity scoring, it is putting A LOT less emphasis on tumbling and more on Stunts and Performance. Meanwhile, the Summit demands near perfection in tumbling difficulty and technique in the elite category of skills to place in the finals on the Varsity scoresheet. It is no longer just difficult for International teams, this has caused a stall in progression that IMO is good, however, can also cause frustration and burn out for athletes with decent level tumbling wanting to move up. I'm not for all of these divisions, BUT I do think the IASF divisions have allowed gyms to help transition a lot of kids with very decent level tumble skills to move up a level and learn next level stunting, while working on perfecting their tumbling for the Varsity score sheet. The current COVID19 age span in U17 is ideal to hit both the Jr and Sr aged kids, and while I think this is less about age grid and more about score sheet and transitioning, "yes" I can see how the amount of Sr. teams (and Jr) would be effected.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the change of head coach 4 years ago (I think?), the team names follow the coaches and so if the coach leaves so does the team name.
I don't think they do that as much as they used to. I've seen teams change coaches quite a bit recently.

Just heard the news that the owner(?) of Star Athletics NJ is moving to a different state.
I believe someone here goes to Star Athletics. Please confirm that the gym is going to stay in operation!

Lady Legacy is back, in IO6 this year!

CA Charlotte teams:
Show Team - Kitty Claws
Prep ? (not sure what level) - PremierCats
Tiny 1 - Clawstle Kittens
Youth 1 - AristoCats
Int'l Junior 1 - NobleCats
Small Youth 2 - EnchantedCats
Int'l Junior 2 - EmbassyCats
Int'l Senior 2 - KnightCats
Youth 3 - Royal Court
Medium Junior 3 - PrincessCats
Int'l Junior 3 - DivinityCats
Small Junior 4 - DynastyCats
Int'l Junior 4 - Junior Prodigy
Int'l Senior 4 - Lady Prodigy
Small Senior 4.2 - CrownCats
Junior 5 - SuperiorCats
Open Coed 5 - ReignCats
IO NT 6 - QueenCats
LIOC6 - RoyalCats
IO6 - Lady Legacy

Lady Legacy is back, in IO6 this year!

CA Charlotte teams:
Show Team - Kitty Claws
Prep ? (not sure what level) - PremierCats
Tiny 1 - Clawstle Kittens
Youth 1 - AristoCats
Int'l Junior 1 - NobleCats
Small Youth 2 - EnchantedCats
Int'l Junior 2 - EmbassyCats
Int'l Senior 2 - KnightCats
Youth 3 - Royal Court
Medium Junior 3 - PrincessCats
Int'l Junior 3 - DivinityCats
Small Junior 4 - DynastyCats
Int'l Junior 4 - Junior Prodigy
Int'l Senior 4 - Lady Prodigy
Small Senior 4.2 - CrownCats
Junior 5 - SuperiorCats
Open Coed 5 - ReignCats
IO NT 6 - QueenCats
LIOC6 - RoyalCats
IO6 - Lady Legacy

Has CA Charlotte always had this many teams?! I feel like they grew a lot recently.

While I was only responding on the Marietta location with Sr teams, I do think a lot of gyms are utilizing the U17 and U19 divisions to help them transition athletes to the Varsity score sheet.

@dmouth11 I'll tag you in this since you were inquiring about the IASF divisions and hopefully any coaches can clarify if I get this wrong.

IASF Age Grid:
U6 5-6 y/o
U8 5-8 y/o
U12 8-12 y/o
U17 10-17 y/o (was expanded to 17 years old for COVID19, but will go back to 16 next year)
U19 14-19 y/o (was expanded to 19 years old for COVID19, but will go back to 18 next year)

IASF Scoring (US is scored on Varsity score sheet during the year and then on the IASF score sheet at the Summit):

Standing/Running Tumbling, Tumbling Execution/Technique and Jumps are worth 20 pts out of 150 (13.3%)
Stunts, Pyramid, Tosses, Building Creativity are worth 100 pts out of 150 (66.7%)
Dance, Routine Creativity, Routine Formations/Transitions, Showmanship are worth 30 pts out of 150 (20%)

USASF Age Grid:

Tiny 5-6 y/o
Mini 5-8 y/o
Youth Levels 1-3 are 5-11 y/o, Level 4 is 8-11 y/o, Level 5 is 9-11 y/o
Junior Levels 1-3 are 6-15 y/0, Level 4 is 8-15 y/o, Levels 5-6 are 9-15 y/o
Senior Levels 1-5 are 12-18 y/o and Level 6 is 13-18 y/o and Open 13+ y/o

Varsity Scoring:
Standing/Running Tumbling and Jumps are 20 pts out of 50 (40%)

Stunts, Pyramid, Tosses, Stunt/Coed Quantity are 22 pts out of 50 (44%)
Routine Composition, Dance, Showmanship, Stunt/Pyramid Creativity are 8 pts out of 50 (16%)

If you look at the weight of IASF scoring versus Varsity scoring, it is putting A LOT less emphasis on tumbling and more on Stunts and Performance. Meanwhile, the Summit demands near perfection in tumbling difficulty and technique in the elite category of skills to place in the finals on the Varsity scoresheet. It is no longer just difficult for International teams, this has caused a stall in progression that IMO is good, however, can also cause frustration and burn out for athletes with decent level tumbling wanting to move up. I'm not for all of these divisions, BUT I do think the IASF divisions have allowed gyms to help transition a lot of kids with very decent level tumble skills to move up a level and learn next level stunting, while working on perfecting their tumbling for the Varsity score sheet. The current COVID19 age span in U17 is ideal to hit both the Jr and Sr aged kids, and while I think this is less about age grid and more about score sheet and transitioning, "yes" I can see how the amount of Sr. teams (and Jr) would be effected.

Extremely clear and helpful- so thanks for this! Ultimately, this just feels SO messy and like far too many divisions. I get the difference here and I get why a gym might choose International vs. Varsity, but the amount of divisions/options feel way beyond the need/demand. There's no way that any given competition will field healthy/full/competitive divisions for all of these categories like that.

Cheer Athletics Rochester 21-22 Teams:

Spotlight Cubs - Tiny Novice
Roc City Kitties - Tiny 1
Taxi Cats - Y1
BroadwayCats - Y2
Stagecats - J1
Dramacats - J2
Wick3d Jags - J3
Alleycats - J5
Rockatz - S4.2
Famecats - S4
Showcats - IOCNT6
Big City Cats - Senior Open Coed 6

Also I know nothing about CA Pensacola teams but I did see a post from them re: having tryouts for an NT6 team called NautiCats.

It'd be kind of cool if any of the new CA Rochester teams were called Kodak Katz or Xerox Katz to pay homage to the city.

Extremely clear and helpful- so thanks for this! Ultimately, this just feels SO messy and like far too many divisions. I get the difference here and I get why a gym might choose International vs. Varsity, but the amount of divisions/options feel way beyond the need/demand. There's no way that any given competition will field healthy/full/competitive divisions for all of these categories like that.
Here in the UK, only teams that compete in the international divisions can get a Summit bid, so these divisions here over the last couple of years have started to become quite competitive as gyms focus on creating really strong international teams. It's good in my opinion to see more US programmes enter these divisions because it means at Summit there will actually be a reasonable amount of teams in the division. A few years back I remember the international divisions being just a handful of teams from the UK and other countries and no US teams. Our kids want to compete against well known US gyms so it's exciting for them to see a growth in the international division.

CA Dallas 21-22 teams:

Showstoppers - Show Team
PoshCats - Mini 1
GlamourCats - Y2
DivaCats - U17 LEVEL 3
Voguecats - U17 LEVEL 4
Slaycats - Senior Coed 5

Back