All-Star 2nd Annual Fierce Board Secret Santa!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I should have known. No apology is ever good enough. You don't know me amd I will not even read what you have posted to get your coveted likes and shimmies. My apology is to the person, not you. If no one accepts it, that's fine because it was heartfelt. You don't know my life. I could have not done it if that was my intention, but it wasn't. If you want to shame me more, if it makes anyone feel better my name is Sharon Taylor and I am a scrooge for sending a Secret Santa gift on 12/23 instead of 12/09. I tried to communicate because it had blown up into a nuclear situatin. But believe what you will person. I have sponsored inner city kids to cheer, definitely not the type to try and get a secret santa gift for free. Merry Christmas. And, as I said,When I realized it, I reached out to her through the Elf ap, its on there for your approval.

I should have known. No apology is ever good enough. You don't know me amd I will not even read what you have posted to get your coveted likes and shimmies. My apology is to the person, not you. If no one accepts it, that's fine because it was heartfelt. You don't know my life. I could have not done it if that was my intention, but it wasn't. If you want to shame me more, if it makes anyone feel better my name is Sharon Taylor and I am a scrooge for sending a Secret Santa gift on 12/23 instead of 12/09. I tried to communicate because it had blown up into a nuclear situatin. But believe what you will person. I have sponsored inner city kids to cheer, definitely not the type to try and get a secret santa gift for free. Merry Christmas. And, as I said,When I realized it, I reached out to her through the Elf ap, its on there for your approval.
None of the posts about getting scrooged were directed at you specifically. There was more than one person who did not receive a gift, and if you sent a gift then the posts really didn't pertain to you at all. As @NerdMobile said, a simple "oops I missed reading the full instructions and did send mine late but notified the recipient" would have been sufficient and anyone would have understood. Instead, whether it is intentional or not, your posts sound angry and seem to be blaming the admins of the gift exchange and people like myself who posted about not receiving a gift.
Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Wow, that was not my intention. I read it as I was an idiot, nothing towards administrators. Wow. I was being apologetic. I had already sent the administrator and the person a note. The gift arrived before Christmas. The one thing I said was directed toward the scrooge remarks. If that offended any person or administrator, I am truly sorry. I kept posting because I felt bad. That's all I have.

I rarely post anything as I prefer to just read, so I can assure you I am not seeking "coveted shimmies or likes"- and had you actually READ my post you would see that I indicated I am sure you did not mean to sound that way, but it did. I did not receive a gift in this exchange- I did not complain or indicate I got scrooged. I actually offered to ship another gift to those who did get scrooged to try to brighten their holiday- since that is what this exchange was about- brightening someone's day. Not only did your posts seem to blame the admins, but had I been your recipient I would have felt awful about how sending me something was such an inconvenience. We are all busy and often frazzled at this time of year, but what you have written makes a feel good positive event seem really unpleasant. I would go as far to suggest that there are some underlying tones of negativity about the board as well and it is a shame that you can't let this exchange help to reset your attitude about the site. Sometimes the outcome you get is in how you approach things!

How about this Jersey Cheer Mom...send me your address- and I will send you a surprise throughout the year to help you de-stress. I will feel good knowing you will never know when a little happiness will come to your mailbox and maybe you will, for a moment, get to just have a little laugh in the middle of your day. It will be fun!

Wow, that was not my intention. I read it as I was an idiot, nothing towards administrators. Wow. I was being apologetic. I had already sent the administrator and the person a note. The gift arrived before Christmas. The one thing I said was directed toward the scrooge remarks. If that offended any person or administrator, I am truly sorry. I kept posting because I felt bad. That's all I have.

Here's the thing though. I have NO vested interest in this, but I am reading your posts the same way as the others. You aren't really apologizing at all when you follow it up with blaming the way the exchange is set up, or talking smack about how some users are just out for likes and are going to attack you. That isn't really an apology, it's a justification. It's also NOT taking responsibility for the fact that you messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, my intention was not blamong how it was set up. When I said I didn't read the fine print, I was referring to ME!!!!! When I said I thought it was later in the month, I was referring to what IIIIIII thought. So, please, if you are reading my post, start with the premise that I was TRYING to say I messed up. ME, NOT ANY ONE ELSE. If everyone can't get past that point then of course you will continue to see it the way I did not intend. When I said you can't make with FB, this is what I meant. I keep saying, sorry, that was not my intention. I thought I would just cone on and say what happened, but now that there is a target, I've seen how these things go. I thought it was a fun thing, I was blaming myself. What I tried to say was clearly lost in translation.

Again, my intention was not blamong how it was set up. When I said I didn't read the fine print, I was referring to ME!!!!! When I said I thought it was later in the month, I was referring to what IIIIIII thought. So, please, if you are reading my post, start with the premise that I was TRYING to say I messed up. ME, NOT ANY ONE ELSE. If everyone can't get past that point then of course you will continue to see it the way I did not intend. When I said you can't make with FB, this is what I meant. I keep saying, sorry, that was not my intention. I thought I would just cone on and say what happened, but now that there is a target, I've seen how these things go. I thought it was a fun thing, I was blaming myself. What I tried to say was clearly lost in translation.

No one called you a Scrooge, Jen was giving people the benefit of doubt before outing anyone and hadn't done so yet. Mistakes happen, and as long as your recipient got their gift, alls end that ends well.

The reason the deadline was so early is because we have a lot of international participants and it can take weeks to receive gifts. Last year many people (even in the US from US gifters) received theirs well after Christmas.

I'm sure you didn't intend it that way, but your post did come across as overly defensive rather than apologetic. You could have just left it at "I misread the deadline, I'm sorry". But sometimes it's hard to get your point across via text, we've all said things that are interpreted differently than we intended.

Other users still haven't received their gifts, so no one was talking to you directly. You made a mistake, you sent your gift, it's over, move on. You're not a target, you're turning yourself into a victim for reasons I can't understand. No one is attacking you.

We have other users who still haven't received gifts to worry about.

Last edited:
I didn't see Jen's post. I saw one about scrooges and I should not have taken offensive. I had already contacted the person. I had not logged onto fierceboard. So that's the first thing I saw. I will admit that part was defensive. More because I would never want to be perceived as THAT person. So to being overly defensive, I humbly apologize because I should not have said that part. I'm sure everything rkse sounded foul based on my being defensive. I do see that.

So, how many people ended up not getting their exchange???

Apologies for sending my gift late. I DID NOT read the fine print. I thought the exchange was for Christmas, not the beginning of December. I received my gift, but did not open it until yesterday. Actually wondered why she sent it so early. My gift was delivered on 12/23. I am terribly sorry, if you want to publicly out me as a scrooge, please feel free. I am the absolute opposite of that in real life. Since I didn't realize I missed the deadline, this was the farthest thing from my mind. I loved my gift, but I never open gifts before Christmas, as I was told it was bad luck. To the person who I sent the gift, I hope you liked it and I'm sorry you thought that I forgot you. I just read the posts and I know how people take these things and run with it, that's ok, because I should have known better not to make any mistakes with Fierceboard. But again, I would never try to get a gift and scam someone. I am not that type of individual. I give to people year round, those who are in condition to give back. Anyhoo, Merry Christmas to all.
I am glad you liked it. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
I have sent a pm to the 2 remaining people that hadn't received a gift the last time I checked in with them. If there is anyone else waiting on a gift that hasn't informed me, please send me a pm.

We've been out of town, but when we got home today it was like Christmas again for my daughter! She received her secret Santa gift (I'll add pictures later). She's really into adults coloring books and her secret Santa got her two she's been wanting for awhile, Beauty & the Beast and The Snow Queen, as well as she sent a very sweet note saying that she also has a roll-up bag of colored pencils on the way. I love this annual secret Santa;it's such a good way to get to know each other better! :D

I don't know what her username is, but the bottom message is to Emma from Kiana: thank you Emma for the sweet gifts! They'll be the perfect way to past time over the holiday break! Hope you have a happy holidays! ❤
That was me! I also just got back into town and the return has been processed so the colored pencils have been ordered (again) and are being shipped to you directly! They're expected to come Jan. 2, once I get a tracking number I'll PM it to you. I'm so glad she likes them! Happy Holidays!

A long overdue THANK YOU to my secret santa. Unfortunately I lost the amazon piece of paper with the name on it, but THANK YOU so much!

The gifts just kept coming and I love them all. I was so excited to get a World Cup shirt, one of my most favorite gyms of all time! I wore it when I traveled over new years. The NJ ornament hung on my tree and scattegories is on my new game table ready for game night. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Back