All-Star [3/29-30/14] Spirit Sports Battle At The Beach Myrtle Beach, Sc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i still don't really get it though... so anyone can win the $30,000 split and then there's an additional $20,000 split to be added onto that for the teams with AL/PP? or can teams with AL/PP only get the $20,000? because if they can only get less that seems silly. am i just dumb? why don't i get it?
The at larges compete for one pot of money. The other is reserved for the top scores overall. If it happens to be an at large they get that too. But if they didn't reserve one pot for the at larges they wouldn't get anything (most likely).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

From cheerUPDATES

PAID WINNERS
1st $10,000 SHOOTING STARS
2nd $8,000 SENIOR ELITE
3rd $6,000 CEA XXX IOC5
4th CEA SSX 4,000
5th WCUP ODYSSEY $2,000

From cheerUPDATES ‏

AT LARGE / PARTIAL PAID WINNERS
1st $8,000 CEA LADY ELITE MEDSR5
2nd $6,000 STAR ATHLETICS
3rd $3,000 CEA MEDCOED5
4th $2,000 CheerTyme MEDCOED5

I love the idea of the Ultimate Challenge

I'm having a hard time understanding how Coed Elite hit and didn't walk away with a single dime.

As it happens, they did have one issue it took me watching the video three times to see. I'm assuming that's what the reason was. But I'd be lying if I said I "got" all the placements in the paid division. At large was spot on I thought.

I'm a bit disappointed there was exactly zero recognition for the youth 5 teams. No scoring, placements, they were sitting on the awards stage and didn't even get recognized for being there. Especially with the age of those kids I thought that was a big oversight. Some of those kids came from Canada to be here.

I am the only one confused by this competition?

So confused. I think I'd get it more if it was a local for these teams but I guarantee Stars spent more than $10K in travel to get there. It comes out to a little more than $275 per girl. That's not even enough to cover the hotel for the weekend. Why not just stay home and save the money?

So confused. I think I'd get it more if it was a local for these teams but I guarantee Stars spent more than $10K in travel to get there. It comes out to a little more than $275 per girl. That's not even enough to cover the hotel for the weekend. Why not just stay home and save the money?
I would think there are very few competitions for Stars where they are actually against teams in their division which do not involve less than $10K for travel.

Last edited:

It is a nice cheer-vacation down there. Lots to do, nice area etc....CEA almost always shows up. I don't really remember World Cup showing up a lot over the past years. From Maryland most people just drive it ... WC isn't too much farther north, maybe a couple of hours.

Maybe they just really wanted to test the routine with a new set of judges ....(shrug)

I'm pretty sure WC has done a Myrtle Beach competition each season for a while. Think it was usually CANAM Nationals but I could be wrong. Guess the potential for this little bankroll influenced their decision to switch it up. Seems like it worked to their advantage.

Some WC parents were confused too especially since Stars aren't going to be competing the rest of the weekend.

I was there last night and I was confused with some of the placements across the board. I would LOVE to see the scores!!! What was COMPLETELY irritating was the gym who's athletes completely took over the "coaches area" in front of the stage, thus blocking the view of the people who paid/waited/sat! Even worse was when the police/security told them to move, they argued/lied that they were "coaches" . I only saw this from 1 gym, repeatedly...basically making it seem that the rules did not apply to them. If I had been a parent at that gym, I would have been appalled at the poor behavior and lack of respect for authority.

Back