All-Star [3/29-30/14] Spirit Sports Battle At The Beach Myrtle Beach, Sc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

First time at BATB - problems I heard about included wet shoes just prior to stepping on stage due to rain water that leaked through the roof onto the floor and fog machine/lighting combination making it impossible to see where you are tumbling on stage at times.

Keeping with tradition the weather this past weekend was terrible - cold and rainy on Saturday and cold and windy on Sunday (although we did see a bit of sun). The overcrowding seemed to be a bit less of a problem this year. Although we didn't attend i hear the Friday night event went over well. I think it is a viable alternative for those events that don't offer Worlds bids to encourage that level of competition to show up. Had I been a little more informed we probably would have driven up a night early to check it out.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I hope they get the kinks worked out. I love this competition since I attended it for the first time in 03.

Keeping with tradition the weather this past weekend was terrible - cold and rainy on Saturday and cold and windy on Sunday (although we did see a bit of sun). The overcrowding seemed to be a bit less of a problem this year. Although we didn't attend i hear the Friday night event went over well. I think it is a viable alternative for those events that don't offer Worlds bids to encourage that level of competition to show up. Had I been a little more informed we probably would have driven up a night early to check it out.

They seriously underestimated seating capacity for the Friday event. While they kept telling people they couldn't stand in front of the judges table they were stacked three deep if only because there was no where else to go. There was also no where for any of the teams to go before/after they competed so they ended up blocking the view of others if they were standing near the front.

I think the idea is good but they totally have to address the logistics of having this caliber of teams all in the same very small venue and what they means for crowd control and seating capacity.

That can probably be said for the two day event as well. The last time we were here it was in two arenas that weren't big enough. Now it's in three that are the smallest arenas I've ever seen so it was crowded in every arena all weekend. Oddly awards in the tent didn't bother me since the last time we were here there were so many people slammed into awards it set off the fire alarm.

I've always thought this was a good event....it just outgrew this venue a LONG time ago.

They seriously underestimated seating capacity for the Friday event. While they kept telling people they couldn't stand in front of the judges table they were stacked three deep if only because there was no where else to go. There was also no where for any of the teams to go before/after they competed so they ended up blocking the view of others if they were standing near the front.

I think the idea is good but they totally have to address the logistics of having this caliber of teams all in the same very small venue and what they means for crowd control and seating capacity.

That can probably be said for the two day event as well. The last time we were here it was in two arenas that weren't big enough. Now it's in three that are the smallest arenas I've ever seen so it was crowded in every arena all weekend. Oddly awards in the tent didn't bother me since the last time we were here there were so many people slammed into awards it set off the fire alarm.

I've always thought this was a good event....it just outgrew this venue a LONG time ago.

I agree... To go into the ultimate battle and pay that high price to watch my cp and her team, and unless you were the top 200 hundred to get a seat in the center, you had to watch from the side or side back.. No priority seating... For that kind of money to watch and not be able to see was upsetting!!! They should have had it in hall a. There was more seating to be able to watch... I do hope if they continue the ultimate battle that they offer. 3 day pass!!! That was very expensive especially if the team was only an exhibition...

I agree... To go into the ultimate battle and pay that high price to watch my cp and her team, and unless you were the top 200 hundred to get a seat in the center, you had to watch from the side or side back.. No priority seating... For that kind of money to watch and not be able to see was upsetting!!! They should have had it in hall a. There was more seating to be able to watch... I do hope if they continue the ultimate battle that they offer. 3 day pass!!! That was very expensive especially if the team was only an exhibition...

I was completely surprised it was just in hall B. I thought the stage would be in B and it would be open all the way back to the bleachers in C. There would have been plenty of room that way. It would only have necessitated their staff being there after it ended to set the floor back up in hall C. I was one of the lucky ones in the middle section but it was nothing but luck. The people on the sides definitely have cause to be upset for the value of what they paid for.

But I still think it's a good idea if they fix all that. Were just getting into Atlanta now and I'm interested to see how well the Champions League is going to handle it being brand new as well.

Back