All-Star 3 Years!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 14, 2011
ive been cheering allstar for 3 years now my 1st year i didnt sweat too much of anything cause i was new at it. My second year i went to worlds which was so amazing to some people it was big for me and i wanted to know about what was going on in cheering. Now my 3rd year i want to know everything there is about cheering and ive gotten so interested in everything cheer realted. Im just wondering if this is just a me thing or weather if everybody gets like this around there 3rd year cheering?

if you've never cheered allstar before, i'd say you're right on target :) It takes about 2 to 3 years to really start to understand everything that's going on around you. Here is my personal breakdown.
First year: not sure about what's going on outside your own gym. In fact, you're not even sure other cheer gyms exist other than your own, until your first competition. This is when you get hooked.
Year Two: You start to recognize other gyms and their abilities and start getting more and more into your own gym and your own performances. The parent starts to see it too and gets more involved. Sometimes even looking up videos of other gyms in your division, just for comparison sake. The parent starts to get hooked at this point.
Year three: There's no turning back. You've tasted victory, dealt with defeat and you CRAVE more victory. You push yourself more and notice you pay less and less attention to other gyms and start to become extremely focused on self.
The parent becomes super involved. They cheer stalk each competition schedule. (guilty!)
I'd go on and on but I believe there is already a thread that explains the yearly breakdown of an allstar career for both cp and parent. Besides, you only mentioned up to 3rd year :-D lol
i cheered allstar before i had my kids (Spirit Xplosion out of Virginia Beach). Now my cp is an allstar. Her first year was mini's and her coach was my former allstar coach!! small world hah? So needless to say, I've always been interested in everything cheer related. But it wasn't until my cp started cheering that i really truly started getting into it. I'm not psycho, I'm dedicated...that's my story and I'm sticking to it lol.

your
if you've never cheered allstar before, i'd say you're right on target :) It takes about 2 to 3 years to really start to understand everything that's going on around you. Here is my personal breakdown.
First year: not sure about what's going on outside your own gym. In fact, you're not even sure other cheer gyms exist other than your own, until your first competition. This is when you get hooked.
Year Two: You start to recognize other gyms and their abilities and start getting more and more into your own gym and your own performances. The parent starts to see it too and gets more involved. Sometimes even looking up videos of other gyms in your division, just for comparison sake. The parent starts to get hooked at this point.
Year three: There's no turning back. You've tasted victory, dealt with defeat and you CRAVE more victory. You push yourself more and notice you pay less and less attention to other gyms and start to become extremely focused on self.
The parent becomes super involved. They cheer stalk each competition schedule. (guilty!)
I'd go on and on but I believe there is already a thread that explains the yearly breakdown of an allstar career for both cp and parent. Besides, you only mentioned up to 3rd year :-D lol
i cheered allstar before i had my kids (Spirit Xplosion out of Virginia Beach). Now my cp is an allstar. Her first year was mini's and her coach was my former allstar coach!! small world hah? So needless to say, I've always been interested in everything cheer related. But it wasn't until my cp started cheering that i really truly started getting into it. I'm not psycho, I'm dedicated...that's my story and I'm sticking to it lol.

your exactly right i was getting to know there were gyms outside my own my second year then i started getting some popularity around the gyms in my area an now this year im on here everydayy trying to learn as much as i can about all teams not just the ones in my division or in my state i want to know everything about everything an i want nothing to be left out and i reallly want to make a name for myself out here and im seeing how hard that can be but im trying to make it happen.

Latest posts

Back