Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Should teams start turning in reference forms for routine elements? And where would that end? I wonder who invented the prep.... This might take a while.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Who invented running? I mean you have to run during running tumbling so we should give credit where credit is due... And man I can't believe all these teams copying off the inventor of the toe touch... How rude! (kidding, of course :) )

Last edited:
Top Gun "invented" other stunts that are now standard (kick full baskets for example). I sure hope Victor doesn't start copyrighting skills. Then we would all have to pay royalties to use them in routines. Even MORE $$$ driving people out of the sport....

Sorry to the OP. You caught me on a day where I'm a little on edge.

I'm pretty sure everyone has "stolen" something from someone. Theres a difference between completely stealing, and just using similar elements. Stealing would be doing the EXACT SAME pyramid completely. But, for example, just doing a double up to stretch and adding your own elements to it, would not be stealing.
Not sure if its a good idea to mention this but in 2012 Sr Elite did this kick heel stretch to lib switch to kick heel stretch lib and then in 2013 F5 i believe did a kick heelstretch to lib. Is it copying? No. They didn't completely steal their ENTIRE stunt sequence. They made it their own.

ETA: :cow: heheee

I was gonna say the same thing that the above poster said.

Everyone (or at least the teal army troops on my twitter) had kittens when F5 "stole" Senior Elites stunt from 2012.

It's not Senior Elites stunt, it's a stunt that Senior Elite did.
It's not Top Guns pyramid element, but it's a pyramid element that Top Gun did.

The Fierce Board App! ||

That's how I get some of my best choreography ideas... I watch videos, find different skills that I like, tweak them, rearrange them, change them to fit the teams skill level and strengths and voila!

Top Gun "invented" other stunts that are now standard (kick full baskets for example). I sure hope Victor doesn't start copyrighting skills. Then we would all have to pay royalties to use them in routines. Even MORE $$$ driving people out of the sport....

Sorry to the OP. You caught me on a day where I'm a little on edge.

Then at the end of each copy-righted sequence or stunt we can have those super fast disclaimers you hear at the end of commercials in the music… Their pyramid music can be playing then be interrupted with "copyrighttopgunallstarsinternationalopencoedlevel5, firstperformedattheusasfcheerleadingworlds2012"

We did this hop-over stunt SE did last season back in 2008 (i believe) with my stunt group.
I guess someone owes me money? :shimmy:
(Wait, just kidding :cool:)
Not that we came up with it, we´ve seen it somewhere.

If every choreographer should come up every season with new stunts, new pyramids, new baskets no one performed before -
hm. What would we do without all the tic tocs, full ups, double downs etc.....

Edit: 2009, found the video :D

Last edited:
Back