OT 3d Fiber Lashes Or Hairy Spider Legs?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oct 23, 2013
So everyone on my Facebook sells these 3D lashes. But I have yet to see anyone who uses this product end up with lashes that don't look like big hairy spider legs. Is this the style now? Is there a trick to applying it so that you get the volume and length without the spider legs?

We use it and it doesn't look like that. I use a lash separator between coats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use it and it doesn't look like that. I use a lash separator between coats.

I have a set and the fibers fall off on my cheek and the transplant gel gets goopy at the thicker end (when you pull it out). Granted, make-up is not my strong suit but mascara is pretty basic and part of my every day routine (with foundation, blush and lipgloss). I'm trying to find the magic in these but still prefer my "They're Real" from Benefit.

Last edited:
This takes a little work and learning the technique. You cannot just pile on multiple coats like regular mascara. I have found that I have to use really thin coats and do gel, fibers, gel. If you try to build up too quickly you get goopy. If you try to use too many fibers in a coat you get fallout. There is definitely a learning curve about how much is too much.

This takes a little work and learning the technique. You cannot just pile on multiple coats like regular mascara. I have found that I have to use really thin coats and do gel, fibers, gel. If you try to build up too quickly you get goopy. If you try to use too many fibers in a coat you get fallout. There is definitely a learning curve about how much is too much.

I only do one coat because I don't want them to look like hairy spider legs. But they still don't look like long lush lashes. I've tried applying without a base coat of regular mascara and tried without. I've tried using a spoolie between applying the fibers and the 'sealing' coat of transplant gel. I do suppose it is still easier than false lashes - which I'd probably glue my eye shut! LOL But Benefit "They're Real" is so much simpler and same effect...and price point. I just bought this and don't want to waste it, so trying to make it work! I love the rest of the Cloud 9 Collection I bought.

I use one coat on CP without a problem, and have done 2. I only get the "spider legs" look when I try to make the coats too thick. I can only make about 2 passes with each, gel and fiber.

I cannot stand any of the 3D fibre lash sellers on my Facebook, they don't even know how to apply it properly so why would I want to buy it? There's so many other drugstore options that are way better for at least half the price! Plus I've seen quite a few people get the fibres in their eyes and oh my it looks sooo painful!

We have that stuff and to me the most annoying part is how the fibers fall off and get on my skin and then I need to do extra "clean up" for it - so annoying to have to do at the end of my makeup routine. Besides for that they work okay provided you do the fiber step really quick after the primer stuff - so one eye at a time - primer, then immediately fiber, then immediately seal eye number one, then repeat this same process on the next eye.

I think the fibers are okay for me, but my CP loves them and they look great on her (she has nice natural lashes already so it doesn't take much to make her lashes look good if you know what I mean). I personally think Lancome Hypnose Drama (used in conjunction w/ a primer applied immediately before) is the best mascara out there - makes my lashes look thick and long when they are anything but naturally ;). Lancome Artliner is a great liquid eyeliner too. Lancome is very expensive though.

So everyone on my Facebook sells these 3D lashes. But I have yet to see anyone who uses this product end up with lashes that don't look like big hairy spider legs. Is this the style now? Is there a trick to applying it so that you get the volume and length without the spider legs?
I have used only the gel that comes with it. I apply regular mascara over it and it works great.

Is everyone using he Younique brand or is a different one? My CP wants to try using these.

It's a bummer that people are having problems with it because it is a great alternative to false lashes. We put one coat of regular mascara on first, then the transplanting gel, then fibers ONLY on the ends, then the gel. Sometimes we do two coats. Neither CP or I have ever had fibers fall in our eyes or on our face. There is a new formula out (a few months ago) that is improved. I say use whatever works for you, but give the Younique mascara a few tries before you give up. [emoji4]

I use them and LOVE them! I've never had problems, but the secret for me is applying the fibers with the brush vertical instead of horizontal. It makes it all much cleaner.

Back