College 5 Year Limit On College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There is no plans to build a database. We're supposed to self regulate.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We also have to follow the same eligibility rules as the other sports, so I feel your pain! I don't mind the 5 year limit, but it's a 5 year limit on competitions, not on eligibility in general, so it's not exactly like NCAA.

I am not sure about this clearinghouse. I see it as another way for Varsity to get money. I'm sure they won't have clearinghouse registration be free.

There is no plans to build a database. We're supposed to self regulate.

It was in the email to coaches that the document I posted was attached to. They are planning to try to build a clearinghouse in the future, but for now we need to self regulate.

PS nycheer3 I love Elmira, one of my favorite teams! I emailed your coach for advice when I was splitting my team into game day only and competition only. She was super nice!

It was in the email to coaches that the document I posted was attached to. They are planning to try to build a clearinghouse in the future, but for now we need to self regulate.

I'm not holding my breathe but that's hopeful.

I like this rule because honestly I cheered five years in college (injured for one though) and my body could not take the hard floor abuse any longer, I think it will save everyone from lots of injuries. I like that it would be implemented by NCA though and not the schools specifically. If our school doesn't give us any support it wouldn't be fair for them to tell us to stop.

is this only college cheer or does it apply to open allstar teams too

Only college squads. Memphis for example, had cheerleaders who were in the late 20's and early 30's. I do know some of their names Mitch Budlong and Josh Gallea (both former UK cheerleaders) and Tony Crump (a former Morehead cheerleader).

Only college squads. Memphis for example, had cheerleaders who were in the late 20's and early 30's. I do know some of their names Mitch Budlong and Josh Gallea (both former UK cheerleaders) and Tony Crump (a former Morehead cheerleader).

was it really neccessary to name names? You make it sound like they did something wrong! They were offered scholarships and a chance to further their education. No rules were broken.

Back