Music 8 Count Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

JMW

Apr 4, 2013
Hi... I remember that a whole ago someone posted a mix that was just a voice-over of someone counting 12345678. Here are my questions:

- can anyone direct me to where I can find it?
- would it be "legal" to use in competition?
- can I change tempo, add sound effects/voice-over?

I know it's not ideal, but I have a rec league team, Ages 5-6, who are competing (exhibition) one time, and I have no budget for music. #dontjudge

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Varsity's rules explicitly on this link: http://www.varsity.com/publications/Music-Guidelines.html

They basically say any sound effect or voice over also needs license information. So you would need the license info on the counting as well as any sound effects you add.

My suggestion would be to use 1 song from unleashthebeats. 1 song will cost you $20, which isn't too outrageous, and it gives you the license to edit it as you want.

You'll still need licenses for any sound effects you might want to add, but it wouldn't be so bad to just do without those.

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hi... I remember that a whole ago someone posted a mix that was just a voice-over of someone counting 12345678. Here are my questions:

- can anyone direct me to where I can find it?
- would it be "legal" to use in competition?
- can I change tempo, add sound effects/voice-over?

I know it's not ideal, but I have a rec league team, Ages 5-6, who are competing (exhibition) one time, and I have no budget for music. #dontjudge

Dan Spiers of Cheer Music4U has such an 8-count track on SoundCloud, and you can download it here.

If Dan sees this thread, he can confirm, but I'm pretty sure that he created it from scratch and therefore you could use it in competition if you wanted. Contact Dan for permission to change tempo or add Sound FX.

Thanks Morriss!

All of our drums, sound effects, etc are built in house, so we own all the rights to them. We can help anyone out who needs that kind of work done to our 8 count music or anything else for that matter.

Back