All-Star 8 Counts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Depending on the age of the team and level I think between 42 -45 =)...unless you are on super speed then 46

I heard my cp's small youth 2 team had 49 choreographed so we had to take out a couple because it was super super super fast. I think they have 46 or 47 now. It's still really fast!

Was just told by our owners yesterday that our Junior 3 team can only have 43 this season (part of the new rules I believe) and we have 44 in our routine so they are trying to figure that out!

Was just told by our owners yesterday that our Junior 3 team can only have 43 this season (part of the new rules I believe) and we have 44 in our routine so they are trying to figure that out!

That's not part of USASF rules but I guess it might be included in the rules for a particular competition... although I seriously cannot imagine a judge sitting there counting 8-counts for every team. Very... strange, to say the least.

ETA - perhaps, at your music's BPM, 44 8-counts causes the routine to be over 2:30. That's the only thing I can think of.

That's not part of USASF rules but I guess it might be included in the rules for a particular competition... although I seriously cannot imagine a judge sitting there counting 8-counts for every team. Very... strange, to say the least.

ETA - perhaps, at your music's BPM, 44 8-counts causes the routine to be over 2:30. That's the only thing I can think of.
You are probably right on that, she didn't clarify. Just told us we were at 44 and had to be at 43??

That is what it sounds like to me also, you must be over on time. No where in the rules does it state the number of 8 counts =)

You are probably right on that, she didn't clarify. Just told us we were at 44 and had to be at 43??

There's no rule about the number of 8-counts. It probably has to do with an ideal beats per minute. More 8-counts means a higher BPM, which is faster music. That could mean sloppier motions/dancing from the kids.

Our routines are 47 (pose on the 1 of 48th count). Our BPM is usually 140 but we slow it down a bit for mini's and more for tiny's so they get 46 and 42.

kind of off topic, but does anyone still have that 8 count audio? i searched CL, but didn't find it.

nevermind, found it.

Back