Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SharkDad

Most Positive, Best Parent '12
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 15, 2009
A friend's 13yr old son is dying of cancer (age of my son) . . . this Blog will make you sad but he is a great kid. http://www.e-nevusnotes.blogspot.com/

It is sad at times and very uplifting at others. If you have time to read I know you'll be touch but please keep them in your prayers. I'll keep you updated.

Praying for them. I see it looks like you gave the tour at base. I hope that was a happy moment for Evan when so many right now seem so bleak from his family's blog. I will send them a note. I don't know what to say. Dad is fantastic with words, wow. So much for a family and Evan to take on, so not fair. Praying for them and will be checking back in on the blog to see how he's progressing, it sounds so meaningless, but all I have is words to offer. I care.

It is so beautifully written, I'm all blinky :( My love and thoughts go out to your friend, his son and his family.

I am humbly grateful that I truly cannot even imagine what this family is going through. I have just been to the graduation of my two youngest and I cried a lot of tears over the fact they were graduating and would be leaving for college in 3 short months. This has been an immediate and profound reality check. My prayer is that Evan will get his miracle through whatever means possible: the wisdom of his doctors or a truly miraculous healing. I pray someday his parents will be crying at his graduation. And I pray for strength for his family in whatever results from this new treatment.

Praying for them. I see it looks like you gave the tour at base. I hope that was a happy moment for Evan when so many right now seem so bleak from his family's blog. I will send them a note. I don't know what to say. Dad is fantastic with words, wow. So much for a family and Evan to take on, so not fair. Praying for them and will be checking back in on the blog to see how he's progressing, it sounds so meaningless, but all I have is words to offer. I care.

Thanks. . .to everyone. I posted this because Paul's latest Facebook post was as grim as I've heard.

The tour was great. It was about 3 weeks ago and Paul said it was a very uplifting day for Evan. I was thankful I could give him that moment of postive to lean on if only for a few days.

He updated his blog yesterday, if anyone else is following, and said that Evan enjoys receiving cards.

Thanks for posting this RCAmom

Paul had his last soccer game with us at a tournament this last weekend. He decided after the second game that he would stay with Even on Sunday so he gave a tearful goodbye to the team. Paul loves soccer and I enjoyed being an assistant coach with him.

If anyone or teams would like to send Evan cards to the adress in the blog I know it uplifts his spirits every time he receives them. He really is a great kid.

For everyone keeping up, Evan passed away this morning. It's a terrible loss for a special family. Thanks for the prayers.

If you can continue prayers for his soul and the family's peace I would appreciate it. Also please spread the word about his blog. The story will touch anyone's heart.

Back