OT A Thread For Bowmakers.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 26, 2010
Hey guys! So I'm not going to ask how you make them!

When others ask you to teach them, what do you say?

Also, if any of you are nice enough to answer this (or even pm me it!!!) Who are your stockests for ribbon? I'm trying to find cheap stuff, because I don't cheer anymore and don't really want to spend loads on something I won't use. Do you know any companies who sell sparkly/sequined ribbon?

There is alot of information about all the things you asked in the "show your bows" thread. Look through the pages and you'll find videos and everything.

I feel like it'd be a lot easier to have two different threads... one on how to make bows, and one on showing your creations. There are over 70 pages I believe in that other thread, so nobody is going to want to go through all of them!

I say - "I make money on selling bows, and if I tell everybody how i make them, nobody will buy. So I'm sorry, I will not tell you."

I say - "I make money on selling bows, and if I tell everybody how i make them, nobody will buy. So I'm sorry, I will not tell you."

i sort of find that quite rude to say, i get your point but these people just wanted to make their owns bows, probably not even going to buy anyone elses anyway... :\

i sort of find that quite rude to say, i get your point but these people just wanted to make their owns bows, probably not even going to buy anyone elses anyway... :\
She's kidding... that's what another bow company said.

It's just hell! I'm just a dancer from Scotland, who'd like to not have to pay like £15 everytime I want a bow for a costume, I still need a place to buy ribbon. Not in bulk, because im not selling the bows, but I need a really cheap place with sparkly and preferably sequined too :(. What kinda prices per yard are cheap? Does a yard make one bow or what? Xxx

I think it's rude of them to ask. Most people ask anynomous if I can put up videos. I worked hard to learn, tried different methods and such.
In the US it's probably not the same. But there isn't a lot bow makers in Sweden, and not cheerleaders either... So a lot of teams order from me. If another "bow company" would open and get successful, I would pretty much lose all my costumers. Or at least don't make that much money.
I have helped friends of mine, who hadn't enough time to order from me. But I know they won't tell everybody.

It's just hell! I'm just a dancer from Scotland, who'd like to not have to pay like £15 everytime I want a bow for a costume, I still need a place to buy ribbon. Not in bulk, because im not selling the bows, but I need a really cheap place with sparkly and preferably sequined too :(. What kinda prices per yard are cheap? Does a yard make one bow or what? Xxx
Can't you find it in fabric stores? Try buy fabrics, instead of ribbons.

I'm really not rude at all normally. If you think that now. But I make money on it... I actually had pictures up on my blog how to do bows before, but once I started sell bows, I took them away.

I was just suggesting that she might look there! I know i don't have time to look through all the pages, but that just might be a good place to look.

i know you live in the UK, but
a ribbon website i've ordered off of before is
really reasonable ribbon
its SUPER cheap too for regular grosgrain and im sure they have other types, but thats all i was interested in from there
i also use the spandex world website for cute fabrics

Back